Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Dash LCD,s

Just get a set of B3 (88-92) Passat 2-screen clocks from a scrappy as they're almost identical to the C ones and you can steal the overhead lighting strip!

I've done this with the kit off ebay and i'm not 100% happy with the clock illumination. Anybody had good results with changing the filter to blue and using standard bulbs?

I've done this with the kit off ebay and i'm not 100% happy with the clock illumination. Anybody had good results with changing the filter to blue and using standard bulbs?

Thats what I have just done tonight. Just used lighting gel from a audio suppliers £3 for 4 diffrent colours. And changed the filters. Think I might try to go with a darker blue than the standard though as its a bit light.!

Check uot gradeAfaliures guide on this page.

Tim

Ok put dash back in lights work well and LCD,s are blue. Only problem is the bulb on the left above the fuel guage is not working. The bulb is fine as have tried in a different holder.

Any Ideas???

make sure theyre correctly placed and rotated...if the bulb works then the polarity is incorrect- try taking them out and rotating through 180 before re-inserting

Ok folks... i am 50% way thru this.

SO far so good. Just decided to "stop thinking about it, and get the screwdriver out"

Only thing is, i havent got any coloured filter paper yet. Have taken it all apart and test refitted it, and it all still works, so just a case of getting the coloured filter paper tomorow and whacking it in.

At the same time, wanted to fit the chrome bezels i bought ages ago. They dont fit too well and leave gaps around the sides. Does anyone know how to get the perspex off the front of the main instrument cluster?

PS Massive thanks to gradeAfailure, for being my "online helper" tonight. Cheers Dave.