Sign in to follow this  
carpoid

VR6 Radiator same as Rallye? Will it fit a C G60 ?

Been trying to get hold of a Rallye Radiator but it seems they are obsolete.

The guys on edition38 reckon the VR6 Corrado rad is the same, has anyone got a pic of one ?? Isn't the top hose on the left as you look into the engine bay like on a 16V ??

The top and bottom hoses for a VR rad are both on the right as you look at the engine bay from the front of the car, but it's a Corrado-specific part number.

ETKA says...

b 535 121 351 E radiator 630mm

The doesn't of course mean that you can't fit it to a Rallye...

Sounds hopefull tho mate thanks, the Rallye one is 630mm.

So i guess the next question is, has anyone put one in a Corrado G60 ??

Those twin fans would be ideal for me aswell.

Some'93 Passats with air-con had those same twin fans fitted as O/E,may be worth a strole around your local scrappy?,also check the dummy motor for play as they were known to knock out the bearings making the fans noisy during operation.

Been trying to get hold of a Rallye Radiator but it seems they are obsolete.

Has the Oz dealer said they can't get them now?? I've had no luck either but might give GPC a call and see if they have stock...

I think the VR one will need a VR slam panel also...

Hi mate, well the story at the mo is that i've found a guy over here that gets a container full of parts every 2 weeks from Germany and UK and can get very good prices on anything i want.

I told him that VW quoted me here, which suggests it must be available, and the story from your side. (Starky phoned Colchester VW and was told that its obsolete aswell).

So... he's tryed to get a price but hasn't heard anything from them, sounding like its obsolete again !

Now i've heard that the VR6 Rad is the same, it could work out cheaper.

I found a thread from PhatVR6, he had the slam panel problem you're talking about, but i'm sure i could get over that by making a different bracket up, there's plenty of holes and slots in the slam panel to fix it to.

The good thing with the VR Rad is those twin fans, would be ideal for me but i just don't know if it would fit. There will be alot more room in there with the Rallye FMIC .......