Sign in to follow this  
FTM1975

Water Light Still Flashing

i picked my rado up from the garage yesterday after having the cylinder head replaced, re-skimmed, new cylinder seals etc. tbh it drives like a new car so am pretty pleased at the moment.

However, (and there is always a however), The water light has been constantly flashing since i picked her up, I have checked the levels and evrything is fine, there is now water leaking anywhere, and frankly im quite stumped as to why this is happening??

have any of you guys got any ideas as to why this is happening before i get back onto the garage? :)

The other thing it could be is the seal thats on the header tank top is out of place and its jumped off where it should be when its been screwed on and off and on and off ! just turn it upside down and check the seal isnt all twisted or jumped off where it should be.

You might also have an air lock,Id run it with the top off,turn heater on etc to get water moving,squeeze pipes etc

try not to get burnt !

I'd go for first suggestion of mine first.

where abouts is the header tank seal located?

I will check this out.

also will check the level prongy thingy!!!!

Ahhhhhh problem solved boys!

Hadn't had a chance to check since i picked her up as was dark but just had a look at lunch time and the lead hadn't been reconected properly! two second fixes are so satifying after the stresses of a head gasket relacement!