Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

playstation 2

has anyone got a playstation in there C and if so where did you house yours? see at the mo i have a clarion 6.5inch flip T.V and also at home i have a ps2 small one thinking glovebox would be best but just wondering if anyone else has put one somewhere different!

The later PS2 is good for putting in cars as it has an external PSU, which means you just need to get a 12V DC input/whatever the PS2 is output PSU to run it...

Other than that, coolrado is the man to speak to...!

ok cheers everyone will send him a pm when ive decided whether to keep the one in my house and get a seperate one for my car or just get a whole new bunch of connectors so can just plug and play ps2 in car or house! we'll see! wonder how much drain it will put on battery would i need to get a power cap!

did someone mention my username?

yeah if you have the older large ps2 you will need to find somewhere to hide it, either under the undertray in the passenger footwell on a bracket or in a seperate enclosure in the boot, there was a company making metal enclosures that you could mount into a false floor (might have been bigcattech.com) and you will either need to mod the power supply in the ps2 or get a 12v dc to 240v ac invertor

you will also need extension cables for the controllers or wireless control pads(the new madcatz micro wireless pads are very good availiable in asda cheaper than most places)

if you have a new small ps2 you can mount it in the glove box and all you will need is a power adapter (mine is a bigcattech one but i think joytech now make them) as it needs 8.5 v dc at about 6amps

it would probably work out cheaper to buy a new small ps2 than to get all the bits to make an old model fit and work properly.

and whichever one you choose make sure you get a decent av lead for the ps2 as the cheap ones have a big problem with cross talk between the video and audio signals which seems to show up a lot more in in-car applications.

i am currently looking into ways to run an x-box 360 in the car, but trying to find the pinouts for the pioneers rgb connection is quite difficult.

THANKS COOLRADO I HAVE SMALL BLACK ONE LUCKILY woh sorry about big type im gonna get one of those adapters also do you run an extra power cap or anything so you get less drain on battery?

i do have a power cap but they dont reduce drain on the battery all they do is smooth out the peaks in power drain when running a large amp and sub.

it would probably be worth getting an optima or maybe a second battery and split charge system if you intend to run it for long periods without the engine running, as when i was at e38 my battery went flat after running the tv and ps2 quite a lot during the day (thanks to whoever gave me a jump start i cant remember who it was)

i bought the small ps2 as the laser gave up on my old larger one, and the small ones dont have a fan, so dont need as much space for cooling, i will need to find somewhere else to fit it now though as i just bought a pioneer navi drive to fit in the glove box.