Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

why won't my amp power up?

bought a new BLAUPUNKT THA280 from CAD, but it dooesnt seem to want to power up. I've got a direct 12V and a good ground, but it wont come on!

Any ideas - I hate wiring up ICE!

you need a remore signal from the headunit to turn it on, without that it wont power up, Most headunits have an ariel or amp remote out to do just that.

I peronally wouldnt just connect the 12v supply from the battery to the remote termial. BAD IDEA

I peronally wouldnt just connect the 12v supply from the battery to the remote termial. BAD IDEA

Agreed, that means your amp would be on ALL THE TIME!

Look for the blue lead outta the back of your head unit, that's your remote.

i was talking about testing it, but i agree you dont want it on all the time. It wont however do it any harm to test, that way you can tell if its your rem feed

cheers guys, the sony head unit does have a socket in the corner of it for remote feed but i'll be b**gered if I can get any sort of connector in there - it almost looks like a 3.5mm jackplug socket. Is there another wire i can jack into on sony headunits?

almost looks like a 3.5mm jackplug socket. Is there another wire i can jack into on sony headunits?

thats not what you are looking for. it will most likely be a blue wire from the head uni iso cable - either 'rem' 'remote' or 'aerial'.

run that the the rem connection on the amp.

if you only have an aerial one you mate need to push the 'af' button as that seemed to turn the ariel function on and off on my last sony.

:-)

edit : to slow :lol:

eyyo,

guess i'm a little late to be the wise guy here, but I've done this sooo many times myself.

first of all, there should be two parts of your iso-loom. One part is filled with your speaker wires, the other with a lot of misc stuff. Theres a +12v, ign-on +12v, ground, power antenna feed, remote feed and probably some more stuff. You're looking for the remote. You better get the feed directly from the head unit, otherwise you'd potentially damage your shiny new amp.

pull this skinny mo fo wire all the way to the back, connect it up, start your engine and turn on your head unit. Tada.

Great feeling :)