Sign in to follow this  
samg60

belt dressing - belt slip

I have been having problems with the boost levels on my car for the last few months, since I have had evrything setup correctly, I am running a 53mm pulley on a lysholm and sometimes when I am out for a spin I can see 17-18psi on teh guage and sometimes only 15psi, now having checked over for any leaks I can only assume taht I am suffering from belt slip, especially as I am running such a small pulley size. I am due to go down a size soon to the 50mm and wondered if anyone can recommend any good belt dressing to try and eliminate this problem. Ideally I will want a toothed belt setup in the future but will have to find someone to make me the pulleys taht size, but in the mean time if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I am sure all the g40 boys used to run some kind of belt dressing before toothed belts came along ?

Hiarspray makes things stick... at least people use it for holding things tight. Although I'm not sure of any problems it might have corroding the belt.....

Have you experienced a sudden loss... or is it just done constantly....

not a sudden loss of power but can see the guage drop from 17psi to 15si I have a big vlave head and large intercoller which can account froa loss but I find it strange that once time you put your foot to the floor and se 17psi and teh next time its 15psi and with sucha a small pulley its got to be slipping a bit !!

Steve at Pitstop gave me the name of a belt dressing to try - which I've since forgotten :oops: but I'm sure he'd let you know if you PM'd him or gave them a ring.

I've got some belt dressing spray at home, it works well, but it makes the belts very noisy.

I can't remember what its called, but I can find out when I go home!

I've heard of people bead blasting the pulleys to 'rough' them up and also using some kind of tack spray which makes the belt stick whilst at the same time not attracting any undesired foreign objects onto the pulleys/belt. Can't remember what they used though..... read it on the whoretex....