Sign in to follow this  
FTM1975

Water light STILL flashing

Am still having problems with the water light flashing on my valver...

have had a new head gasket recently and everying is now fine with that am not losing any water. however whenever I accelerate through 2nd and 3rd mostly, the water light starts flashing!!!!

Any ideas anyone????

Mine was doing this, I drained the system and put new coolant in, making sure no air was trapped in system (engine running, cap off expansion tank, heater on, + revs).

I guess coolant was changed when your head was done, perhaps level drops when you increase revs due to air lock?

Have you tried to bleed system?, air could be left in after head was done?

it is a H reg 1991 valver.

I did give it a quick bleed the other day but probally need to do it again properly! as didn't give it much revs or have the heaters on.

will try it again though! anyone with any other suggestions most welcome!

the part in the tank that picks up the coolant level could be faulty had this problem on mine.my car also took a couple runs and bleeding of trapped air till it was happy.

Had the same thing - I changed the expansion tank and it still flashed.

But - I fixed it this weekend by cleaning all the under-bonnet earths. Can't tell you which one fixed it, but the two most suspicious things I found were:

- the earth onto the head (just under the right hand side coolant manifold on my G60) was covered in goo and was nice and wet.

- under the battery, the space for the loom was full of cr*p and also wet. One of the earths there has a factory join wrapped in decaying fabric wrap.

After cleaning those up (and the other earth points) I also changed any dodgy fuses and checked behind the fuse box for loose connectors.

When I'd finished my warning light had stopped flashing, my coolant gauge started working, my dodgy ABS light went out and I found a cold beer in my fridge (granted, the beer might be a coincidence, but let me know when you've done yours and I'll check to see if there's another one there).

Ok Nice one Dines I will try this when i find enough daylight during my busy schedule to get it done. I have noticed that alot of the electrical conections look a bit messy. And had to reconect the water light already to get it stop flasing continually anyway. will give it a try!!!