Sign in to follow this  
Allan

RH ZW1 (or ZW3) how Wide and what ET?

I'm interested in a set of new wheels for my rado VR, and have fallen for the RH ZW1 or ZW3 havent decided yet..

BUT, i'm only interested in those wheels if i can get 'em wide enough, say 8,5 front and 9 rear.. both in 17inch

I live in Denmark, where the Wheels are NOT(!) Allowed to extend from the arches! some of the cops dont care, others will kill you, and you wont be able to pass MOT.. dont wanna take the chance..

What ET and how wide can i go??

By the way schould i go for the ZW1 or the ZW3? :?:

I'm not entirely sure - but I think you'll struggle to get that width of wheel without it protruding from the arches!!!!!

I also think you'd struggle getting that size wheel ie 9x17 to fit without major rubding issues! You'd have to have VERY solid suspension!

ZW1's look fantastic, I've not seen the ZW3's on a corrado, I think they might look pretty good.

From a quick look at their site (http://www.rh-alurad.de/indexen.html) They do a 8.5x17 in 5x100 fitment, above that they go to 5x112 for newer VW's and Audis and they do up to a 10x17! I guess you could get adaptors, but I think that might push the wheels out way too far if they're 9 inches wide already and you cant go past arch level.

For referance I had AG cup's on my old VR which were 8x17 on an et 32 and the wheel face sat as near as damnit level with the arch.

8.5s might just tuck into the arches with 20mm adapters (or be level with at least), giving you an ET of 40. They will almost certainly catch the inner arch on full lock though, an area where the Corrado doesn't have much space unfortunately. 8s you can just about get away with with standard arches and a moderate drop, so it's gonna be tight with 8.5s.

If you want the 9s, you'll probably need to pull the rear arches, which I've heard can be tricky as they're double skinned.

awesome rims, I'd go for the cup ones zw1s also. If you stretch the tires a bit, you'll be able to go wider.

And get the arches pulled, it looks awesome imo

If you want the 9s, you'll probably need to pull the rear arches, which I've heard can be tricky as they're double skinned.

its a piece of pi55 kev 8)

go for 8's all round what the point of having 9's if you got such strict laws

"I think" if u buy RH's they come with adapers on some wheels anyways, def come with spacers... cheap way of making 1 wheel for many applications

Nice one, have you flared yours? Always seemed like a ball ache to me but if it's easy, coolio.

I love the flared arch look, providing the rims fill em out properly.

Yeah on the RHs you need to get the 5x100 (or indeed 4x100) set, which comes with a wheel offset to 60 and you get 25mm adapters, but you can specify 20mm ones if you want the wheels more inboard.

I made the mistake of getting ZW1s cast to ET35 and 5x112, so I could do bugger all with them!