Sign in to follow this  
welton

In Car PC - Corrado Install

tidy looking car and a smart install, although the boot looks a bit messy, personally I'd have made a false MDF floor and put all the componants under that with a few cooling fans dotted about for vetilation.

love the nerdy reg plate though 'woot' indeed!

Top quality install, looks oem, and those wheels are gorgeous!

That number plate though ... might as well have NERD written in 2ft high lettering down the side! (what does 'woot' actually mean?)

cheers chrishill, been seeing saddo's use that 'haxx0r' talk on forums recently (thankfully not this one!) and always wondered what it all meant

Saw a similar one on vortex a while ago. Something I'd like to have a go at doing, but i'd want it to be totally concealed, otherwise it'd get nicked straight away from round here :(

Is it safe to have a computer that close to a sub? I would have thought a giant magnet wouldn't do HDD's any good :?

If I would've had a computer in my car, I would use a laptop power supply, a huge hd for music / movies (let's say... 200gb or so), a celeron m processor, a decent mother board with intergrated sound- and graphic processors, and a dvd-rom. it wouldn't take more space than what would fit behind the glove box front. I could fit everything on... say a 30cm*30cm*10cm wooden board, and stuff it pretty much everywhere. And I could fit it where the glove box used to sit, and then take the lid off the glove box, and make it total stealth. You could have the dvd rom stick out the front, so when you opened the glove box lid, the only thing you would see would be a dvd-rom and perhaps a few connectivity-options, like a network cable, or usb 2 / firewire. I could make it happen for about £100 or thereabouts. Perhaps I should ;)

edit: you would need a processor (£40ish), some RAM (£20ish) and a screen (£180ish), and other bips and bops... will probably be cheaper with second hand items, which is what I would do if I were to do this (I might ;) )

Yeah, it looks nice in the dash, but a flippin' strange way of doing it.

My inclination would be to use a micro ITX motherboard setup rather than a full ATX case that he's got. You're not going to need anything with a huge amount of power and an ITX PC can actually be made to fit in the space of a single DIN head unit 8)

Shilakadaddy - I'd be rather concerned about that too! :?