Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

rear koni TA pic request

hello guys,

could i have some pics of rear koni ta shocks installed. im thinking boot open looking in so i can see the adjusters etc.

cheers :D

cheers i was just wondering how to addjust them. hopefully i will have mine by the weekend. Im guessing its best to drive round with out the speaker shelf in for a while to get the setting right?

If you take the speakers out and cut away a bit of plastic, you can fit the adjusters on top of the shocks and leave them in there with the grills on top...

Had them on two cars now, have always found I need to run them at softest setting for the road...

I just drove around for a week getting it all wrong then got vince to set it up!

Left the grills off until i was happy, but surpercharged's idea sounds best.

Yeah me too. Binned the rear speakers as they're about as much use as a, err, VW rear speaker in a concert and cut away some of the shelf and left two adjusters on the dampers permanently. The 'empty' speaker grilles were then used to hide the adjusters.

I found the best setting was 1.5 turns front and 0.5 turns at the rear but you'll need to play with them and settle on what you think is best.....and contrary to popular belief, the TAs don't need 'running in'....just tweak and go.