Sign in to follow this  
sciroccotune

koni ta with standard springs - which platform level?

hello chaps, with regards to te rear of the car, i am putting on my koni TAs with standard springs so i was wondering which platform level to use.

It will probs be clear when i get the old ones off but just checking.

cheers

Hmm - not sure you can with standard springs as the shocks are shorter...

The bottom one I guess...

oh dear.....well i best check tomorrow. hopefully the lowest will be fine. if not i will have to use shorter springs or longer shocks :lol:

You can use Koni TAs on standard springs OK. Not sure what platform to use on the rear, stick with the middle one initially and see what it looks like.

You can use Koni TAs on standard springs OK. Not sure what platform to use on the rear, stick with the middle one initially and see what it looks like.

thats a relief, thanks guys for all the info. i wasn’t sure about it i have to admin.

Quick question - should the shock be at full extension when put under upward (spring extension) pressure by the spring or should i aim for somewhere in the middle?

sorted :-) used the mid platform as was same height as the normal shocks. I did have to file the caps (the silver ones top and bottom of the top rubber) as the shocks are thicker than standard, but no big deal.

Im running on max soft at the mo and it seems to be right for stock springs. what effect would stiffening the rear shocks a bit have on the rear end?

The softest setting on the Koni's approximately stock damping force, so should ride nicely?

Make sure the front is stiffer than the rear. A good setting is 1.5 turns on the rear and 0.5 turn at the back. You can then add some eibach anti-roll bars and you'll get a pretty good ride with vastly better turn-in and much less roll. Adding a rear brace finishes it off nicely and then you can decide from there if you want lower springs or not.