Sign in to follow this  
Ronan

Juddery Clutch

So what does this mean then? When I pull away, or have to do a hill start, the call will judder really badly but still pull away. Also, the clutch never slips or smells, and the biting point is still more or less dead centre.

What could it be? Could it be the flywheel, which is what someone mentioned to me?

Thanks in advance...

Well it's just been in for MoT so everything seems fine, I do have a small leak from the crank seal so been told it may have oil on it, would that cause it to judder?

Oil on the clutch friction linings could cause judder but i would expect you would get some slipping as well. It could be that the springs on the friction plate are worn or broken. How many miles has the clutch done? As suggested, judder could also be caused by sloppy engine/gearbox mounts

is there a slack clunky feeling when coming on and off the power at all? or any creaking?

mine was starting to judder and felt quite slack and it turned out to be knackered clutch damper springs. like this

is there a slack clunky feeling when coming on and off the power at all? or any creaking?

mine was starting to judder and felt quite slack and it turned out to be knackered clutch damper springs. like this

Excellent springs. Saab turbo's are just the same the rotationl damper srings wear their seats away?? If you rev you engine and let of quick you can actuall hear the springs rattle.. Always a give away.

If the judder is clutch related it will be knackered pressure plate springs and pos the release bearing not disengaging smoothly.