Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Cleaning Engine Bays

I've tried various things but it seems to have discoloured because of the heat. I've removed and sprayed mine with some high temp paint from Halfords which has done the job ok.

well for a quick spruice up of the engine bay, i have allways sprayed loads of wd40 on very part of the engine ( apart from belts ) you will be amazed how clean the pipes look afterwards. and the amount of general grime that shifts is damn impressive, it does smell 4 about 2 days, i have been doing this to every car ive had in 17 years, never had a problem. plus after winter it can disperse any water around plugs/coil etc :)

harra have you used one yet? as i am going to do this before go up for spring gti fest!

bought some autoglym at dinnertime cos it was the first ting i came accross - will try b4 friday - the foaming tyre cleaner looks like a neat trick if it works.....

had a quick shot on a VERY manky rocker cover last night and seriously impressed with how quickly this autoglym gear has lifted the years of caked crap!!!

For a big 1litre bottle for £6.00, its a bargain.... hopefully will get some pics - and it doesn't smell that bad, in fact I had a good old sniff last night and had a great night when noddy and big ears came along to give me a hand - shame they had to go home early but their ride was amazing and painted in a lovely shade of yellow and red and was like sh1t of a stick!!!............................ :drinking: :silly: