Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

1.8 G60 to 2ltr

hi lads how would i go about making my 1.8 into a 2ltr is boring the engine out the same as putting a bigger bottom end on? also what advantages do you get from this and would it be expensive?

Nightmare Job. Depends on how close to 2tlr you want to go. Henny's 1940cc is probably the easiest spec to get done compared to cost.

I've just gone to 2021cc but 6mths later and a VERY big bill and we're almost complete! To go to 2021cc you not only need custom made pistons - you also need new crank, rods, oil squirters need to be moved, extra cc's had to be taken out of the head as well as the large dishes in the pistons to get the right compression ratio and alot of other work and then a custom ecu map!

It's a large bill to get it that far - plus the guy that did mine and also did Henny's conversion did say he wouldn't want to do another 2021cc, he always recommends the 1940cc!

However if you want to talk to him I would highly recommend him, I know we ahd a few issues with mine but they retified them straight away with no arguement!

GP Speed Equipment (formally Race Power Motorsport!) Only speak to Jim as he is the expert (been doing it 50 years!) Tel 07956 472676

I've done it,yeah it is a big job,i was lucky because i found an abandoned 16valve 2.09A corrado in a lock up that had stood for ~8 years with 29000miles on the clock,so engine condition was'nt an issue,the most time consuming bit is inventing all the various pulleys,tensioners,radiator position,alternator position etc,etc.

The difference in preformance between the PG engine and the 9A 2.0 mill is quite worthwhile..

VEEDUBBED, I think iow_corrado_g60 is talking about a 2.0 8v g60, not 16v g60...

il suo motore guarda molto buono! :wink:

iow_corrado_g60 I really would give Jim at GP Speed a ring - he's more than helpful and will be able to tell you all you need to know and give you an idea on price. GEt it from the horses mouth is my opinion!!! He won't asked you to sign anything. And tell him that I said to give him a call!! My names Sam for you to mention to him!

Actually I stayed with 8V rather than the 16V conversion as from variosu conversations from various engine builders and tuners they all felt that much better torque could be achieved from an 8V.

And lets face it - it's all about the torque!

torque is for tractors!!!!!!!!!!!

RUBBISH!!!! :roll:

Bhp is sooo misleading! you can have a 1000bhp but if you have no torque it's all wasted! I've seen plenty of cars that quote high bhp but are beaten by lower "power" cars because the torque is better.

Diesels are a prime example - how many times have you been beaten off the lights by a 150bhp diesel because the torque is better!!!!!

How about the fella in a Porsche Boxter who tried to undertake me up a hill / A road slip lane the other night.. he caught me at the wrong time as I was slap bang in the peak torque range for third gear (about 1,700RPM) and can only assume he wasn't in the optimal power range as he kept up but only just and I beat him into the single lane roadworks. He tailgated me the entire way down about 2 inches from my bumper so I can only assume he had tried to get past but failed and was a bit upset about it! :)

240lb/ft of torque in the TDI obviously caught him off guard.. any other circumstance, that boxter would have destroyed me!

hi lads how would i go about making my 1.8 into a 2ltr is boring the engine out the same as putting a bigger bottom end on? also what advantages do you get from this and would it be expensive?

Bigger pistons?

Different cranckshaft to get more stroke? :?

I've done it,yeah it is a big job,i was lucky because i found an abandoned 16valve 2.09A corrado in a lock up that had stood for ~8 years with 29000miles on the clock,so engine condition was'nt an issue,the most time consuming bit is inventing all the various pulleys,tensioners,radiator position,alternator position etc,etc.

The difference in preformance between the PG engine and the 9A 2.0 mill is quite worthwhile..

Just wasting time at work and found this thread...you FOUND one...?! :shock:

Well yeah,i still had to pay for the actual car itself and towing but my mate owns a huge car breakers so the whole project cost me 600euro,i sold the rack for 150,back axle for 200,rear quarter panel another 200 euro.

I re-fitted the heavly re-worked cyl head back on yesterday,changed the timing belt,oil+filter,tomorow morning i'll fit back the front bumper and hopefully by the weekend i'll be criusing in my G60 charged 16valve corrado again.

I'm lucky because i found that car which has 66000km on the clock(~32000miles),i've opened the engine and it's spotless the body work was also the same colour as my original corrado which had awfull bodywork so i re-fitted all components on to my old shell,i'm also lucky as i do everything myself,i've got the time to do it(self employed) and have a lock up with plenty of space and i've got untold tools aswell.