Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Brembo brakes.

I might have the chance of a second hand set of brakes from a ibiza cupra. Brembo 4 pots,305mm discs etc. The only snag they came off bill brockbanks ibiza and they are very discoloured due to heat. The lad whos selling them has another set so hes changing them for this reason. What do guys reckon theyre worth as they really need stripping down and powder coating and then rebuiling with new seals etc. Do any of you guys have any ideas of how much it will cost to rebuild the callipers. Thanx in advance, dan.

depends if you want to go to the expense of powdercoating... but it wont be expensive. to bead blast my rocker cover and have it powdercoated in silver cost 35 quid - if that helps put it into perspective.

not sure about reconditioning the brakes...

Yeah i know theyre quite expensive new, was just not sure wot these second hand set would be worth and also the cost of rebuilding them. That will obviously affect their value.

they are very simple to rebuild its mostly o rings. id pay £200 for them maybe? i paid £250 for my mint brembos but then i was lucky!