Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Wiper stalk.....

....has been driving me potty for the last week, wipers coming on and washers coming on at all times.

Ended up fitting a new spare stalk I had lying around, all of a 20 minute job, proves the worth of buying up parts when they become available for peanuts. Dread to think how much a new stalk would be from the stealers

yeah mine used to be the same,that drove me mad for ages.ended up wedgin a bit of paper to stop it from doing it,then i changed for a later set of stalks which look loads better than the older ones

The stalks are the same as the Mk2 or Mk3 Golf for early/late, so shouldn't be too expensive.

The stalk with the MFA on does have a Corrado-specific part number, but it's only because the wire on it is a bit longer. a few mins with some wire strippers and you'll have a matching stalk for less.

mines is currantly doing the same the are 50 quid from vag give or take a few quid. so if any body has one going spare give me a shout cheers

I did the dinkus method, changed my stalks from the early to late with a set from e-bay from a mk3 golf just extending the wires (four wires just match up the colours on off you go) and then went to VAG to get the surrounds.

mines is currantly doing the same the are 50 quid from vag give or take a few quid. so if any body has one going spare give me a shout cheers

early or late style?

Yep, just take steering wheel off, take pants off, take cowling off then it's just 3 screws and 2 plugs and you may need to chop a cable tie...

You will need the later cowling from VAG, less thean £20 for both bits...

u can get away withjust gettin the tophalf of the cowlin,its about a tenner,with a slight bit of moddin it fits sweet,takes about10-15mins to do jobs a good un

I went to the stealers, I didn't ask for the cowling, but the stalks were £67 each. I hate the stealers.

does anyone have a set kicking around? these would be the same lhd / rhd right?

got my stalks off ebay,payed about 11quid with delivery,think it was a guy who was on here dubberssportvws

thats what he goes under on ebay anyway he breaks quite a few rados

Oh puleeee...

That's norwegian for f**k, just so you know it.

puleeee :D

anyways, if anyone got a few stalks kicking around, let me take them off your hands. selbekk out.