Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

Help.. I'm starting to doubt Corrado!

never thought this has happened but this weekend I've been razing around in my girlfriends Golf.. it gets worse... its a diesel :roll:

Yep its a golf TDI company car and it shifts.. Got a big turbo boost which is a big primitive for my liking but I was cruising at 110 without realising, and that I have only ever done in the Corrado before :wink:

Got back in the corrado and it felt like a slug. Brakes felt really wooden too :cry:

Maybee my VR6 is down on performance or are these things more powerfull that I thought :!:

don't worry........i work part-time for Europcar Scotland and we have the 130bhp PDi Golfs on fleet at the moment,and over certain stretches of road the "oil-burning" Golf does seem to feel a bit more rapid than my Vr :shock: :? .......but at the end of the day they are just a "common" Golf and don't have the style of the Corrado,you have to remember too that there's is quite a bit of newer technology with the current breed of TD's over the older design of VR petrol engine,everytime i drive a TDi golf i'm impressed,but not to the extent that i would sell my Corrado for one

Definately.

At the end of the day, the Corrado is undoubtably going to turn a few heads or be something to talk about.. another MK4 Golf is just another MK4 Golf.

I've never liked the Corrado for speed anyway - there are a lot quicker cars on the road than the Corrado.. for me its just the look, the rareness, and the interest it always generates :)

I still own a mk 4 golf but I can say that it is one of the most boring handling cars ever. I have the V6 4motion and though the engine is amazing the car feels really heavy and it is just another mark 4 golf which nobody sees

the TD are very quick but it ant a corrado but ha i had a race with a cossise last night and won so must be quick enouf :lol:

Mate I think that it could be fact that TDi produce a lot of torque at low revs which is a good thing when pulling a car along, but once the revs are up 4000+ :twisted: you know that your VR will pull and feel a lot better/faster.

Get your car checked over though if you feel that its lagging behind - cant hurt to give it the once over :)

the new Golf GT TD1's are 150 BHP. I import them and they have more torque than a scooby turbo - fact!

The are very good cars by VW, for a diesel engine to produce so much torque and whilst it doesnt sound too bad - for a diesel anyway. I had a play with one whilst being in the passenger seat of a civic that I have to say is very close on speed to my car if not quicker, they just rev so much. It was a highly tunned civic with a bigger head and all sorts but he had trouble staying with him.

The VW is older technology and you cant compare that with a brand new car, everything will feel nicer and softer because its new. For the price of a new one of those you could get a G60 and a VR and if your lucky a 16V. Good cars anyway. 8)

I recently had a run in my mates RS Focus :)

It was a terrific car to drive, having great handling & power although not overwhelming. The handling felt familiar to me, very like my own corrado (on Koni coilovers) in fact. But I have to admit, overall I still prefer my Corrado .....Seriously