Sign in to follow this  
USOPHUNKE

BBM STAGE3 CHIP FPR RALLY OUTLETNOW RUNS ALL FUNKY

ok..today put in bbm stage 3 chip....3.5 fpr.....ralley outlet....car ran great before hand and now i can feal the power change ........it is huge, but if i go past about 1/2 throttle it sputters and is trying to catch up to itself........this also happens if i try to apply any kind of load..... :cry: i can hear the charger and everything go....give it alot off gas sputter sputter..... let off gas and its fine as long as i feather it up to speed....

also...before i did the work today my throttle was super stiff and sticking....i noticed a small kink in the throttle cable and replaced it.....

it wants to go like a bat out of hell....i can feel the potential...just wont go

Try changing the fuel filter and running some injector cleaner through the system see if that does the trick it sounds to me like you've got fuel starvation what injectors are you running?

if any one can help please let me know......i put an isv rerought kit in today from bbm as a friend said it would cure my problem......nope...changed all my vac lines...two were bad...still wont run right...cant floor it.........looked in my throttle body....the two butterfly valves on top are closed when....at no throttle the one under on the bottom is open......all seem to function ok.....could i need to adjust timing, or my fuel screw wherever that is..due to the new fpr..and chip..hhheeeeelllpppp me please im desperite to drive again

have you checked the fueling on the car ? make sure the pump / filter / are ok and also what octane fuel are you running..

im having similar prooblems with my new setup. i can feed in 10 psi in 3rd+. first gear is a bit of a nightmare. i got new sparking kit and vac lines n that. im awaiting o2 but this doesn't effect full throttle.

i think mine is running too rich. but not sure if this can cause the missing. im gonna try narrowing the gap on the plugs. maybe buy some pound a piece plugs so i dont have to alter the gap on the 6wdpo plugs.

what do you see on your AF gauge. really you need a wideband so that you can get a accurate full throttle fueling reading.

USOPHUNKE, You've got two problems in my opinion...

1) The caps lock on your computer is stuck on making your posts really hard to read... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

2) You've got a damaged/misplaced/ leaking vacuum hose from the throttle body to the ECU. Replace that vacuum hose and all should be well again...

This is EXACTLY the problem I had with my G60 when I bought it... If you floor the throttle the car almost dies, there's no pickup and it drinks fuel. Feather the throttle you can rev almost to redline but it takes for ever to get there... The ECU relies on this vacuum hose to know what loading the engine is under to correctly fuel the engine. You may also want to check the hose that goes to the dash cluster as (IIRC) that can also cause the same problem if there's a leak as the two are connected at some point.

Hope this helps. 8)

i changed...the one vac to my ecu...it was full of a brown liquid........i'll look for the other one...sorry bought the caps i'm lazy.....

have you put the vacuum hose from the ecu on the right outlet on the back of the throttle body we did this last night and it was fine untill you put it under load and when under load it would just splutter. There are 2 outlets on the back of the T/B make sure you have put the vacuum line from the ecu on the left hand outlet if your looking at it from the front of the car it is slightly higher than the the carbon cannister feed on the right. You never know worth a go

Have you done a spark test? Maybe you have a weak spark.

What plugs did you put in?

What colour are the plug electrodes?

Skye

mine did exactly the same when my charger was dying. fine now darren done an awesome job thanks mate

funky

like they said... plugs? are they new.. if not did you pop em out and look at em? did you replace em with the proper plugs from the stealer... and if not did you properly gap whatever cheapies you put in?

fuel system... replace filter.. .check pump is working.. run some injector cleaner.

ok......still sputtering at this point....the plugs...ill check today again..maybe theres a gap off...hell i'll buy new ones anyway.....the charger is just rebuilt and ported (rally) ,,,,,hoping maybe I put the wrong length vacume line on the ecu,,,today will cut down to 30 cm....

The vacuum line from the ecu needs to be exactly 1m how long is it now ???? that could be your problem if it's too short.

Just out of interest, does anyone know what happens when this is too short? I was having some mild running problems with my G60 before the crank bolt sheared and wrote off the internals of the engine and I'm wondering if any of them were due to me removing the carbon cannister while installing the new head...

it wouldnt have anything to do with the carbon cannister lines henny. if the ecu line isnt exactly 1m it will make the car run rough/slow.. or if the line is mushy and letting out a little vacuum when hard on the throttle.

USOPHUNKE: dont cut it down... it needs to be exactly 1m, 100cm.. not 30cm! if you've cut the line down then this is probably the problem.

if i were you i'd check/replace that 1m ecu line.. check the plugs and make sure they are the proper ones provided by the stealer ($$$) or if not then they need to be PROPERLY GAPPED. this will definitely cause running problems... i believe the gap is .24. replace fuel filter.. easy cheap 5 minute job and its not a regular VW service item so who knows when it was last done.. cap it off with a bottle of injector cleaner and see if that sorts it. :thumbleft:

it wouldnt have anything to do with the carbon cannister lines henny. if the ecu line isnt exactly 1m it will make the car run rough/slow..

It would be affected if I'd forgotten where all of the lines came from and had trimmed a couple of them 'cos the ends had gone nasty :oops: :roll:

I'll check 'em all when I get around to rebuilding the engine again... Gotta strip it all down first though... :(

Thanks for the answer though, that's roughly what I thought it would do...

Yes, .024 is the right gap... I'm using NGK BPR6ES ($3 and change each) and they are working fine so far.

Skye

OK 1 meter...the 30cm looked tooooo small so that makes more sense...back to store.......what are the best plus i can run...do they sell them in the u.s. thanks....

for plugs you have two options..

do what skye did and get the NGK BPR6ES plugs and GAP THEM TO .024.. thats the cheap solution. if you want to do it right (and have a better quality plug) go to the stealer and ask for 4 spark plugs for a 1991 corrado G60. whatever spec they give is the ones you want.. i forget the part# exactly. they're something like $13 a piece but i wouldnt cheap out on plugs and you can always clean them with a wire brush.... you should be pulling them out every few weeks to see what they're looking like anyway... to know if you're running rich/lean...

ya get that 1m hose for sure.

i just replaced mine before my car crapped out again... and i put some heatshrink tube around the end that fits onto the throttle body nipple... thats where it tends to go to mush. a new 1m hose and a little bit of heatshrink and its all beefed up and wont cause you any more problems.

Bosch W6DPO is the stock plug yeah $13-15 each

(ouch - can replace entire NGK set 4 times for that)

Skye

Aye but the Bosch one last 4-5 times longer!!