Sign in to follow this  
retroactivefunk

about to buy new wheels... will they fit?

Yes, you will need spacers - the highest offset you can go on 9x16s on a 4-stud rado without fouling the suspension is ET25. Personally, I'd recommend 10mm spacers to take you out to ET20 :)

if u put spacer son doont u get steering wobble???? cos the wheels wnt sit on the hub anymore?

i would only recomend hubcentric spacers which retain the hub location

if u put spacer son doont u get steering wobble???? cos the wheels wnt sit on the hub anymore?

i would only recomend hubcentric spacers which retain the hub location

How much do thee go for??? I have to buy spiggot rings, and they work out more expensive, so for 5-10mm how much do they cost?

man this offset sh*t is confusing!

so an et20 is further out than an et 35 for example?? can you get the average 20 offset wheel on a vr??? (sorry to jack your thread mate!) :)

ET0 is where the hub mounting face of the wheel is in line with the centre of the wheel, ET5 means that the the hub mounting face is 5mm towards the front face of the wheel from the centreline of the wheel, ET20 means that the the hub mounting face is 20mm towards the front face of the wheel from the centreline of the wheel, and so on... from this, you can see that a higher offset will tuck the wheels in further, whereas a lower offset will push them out further. Adding spacers will reduce the offset number...

Capisce? :)

Edit: 20mm offset on a VR will be pushing it as they are ET43 as standard, whereas the 4-stud boys are ET35 as standard... I believe this has been covered once or twice... ;)

super confusing...

I just need to know if my 5mm spacers will be sufficient.

And my next question would be about fender pulling/rolling.

I'd love to see a pic of what this would look like.

Well, my other half runs 9x16s on 215/40-16 tyres on her 16V, ET15, and the wheels protrude past the arches but the tyres are just within due to the stretch! It's lowered, and the return lips on the arches have been trimmed back but the arches aren't pulled or extended. So, with ET25, they'd be 10mm further in, so I reckon you'll be ok... :)

if got borbet A sports on my valver they are 16"x 8" the front is et35 and the rears are et20 there is loads of room at the front but i cant increase my break size as the valver ones are so close to the inside of the wheel and the rears touch the arches but only slightly and only on one side i could have done with a slightly higher et on the rear i thought about getting about 5mm skimmed from the locating face but dont know if this can be done or just get coilovers:-)