Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Continental Premium Contact tyres... are these any good?

Hi

I use Continental Premium Contact tyres on my standard 15" wheels on my golf vr6 (the tyre size I use is 205 width, 50 profile, and 86v speed rating). Not sure how good they are but they were on the car when I bought it and seem good quality. How good are they compared to other makes? Do Continental do other varieties that are better than "Premium Contacts" that I should try? Or should I look to other makes?

I'm going to be needing two new tyres soon.

What tyres does everyone else use on their car?

Cheers

Matt

I used to have continental conti sports. They were utter crap and cost a fortune.

Dont buy them. Try Hankook sport tyres (cant remember model) They are cheap and really good. (Made by Bridgestone)

I got a set of 215/45/17's for £92 all in.

T.

Have to disagree with this I'm afraid. Although I am running 245/40 R18 Contisports and have found them to be great all round performers (RWD).The only problem seems to be a tendency to tramline but with that profile its hardly surprising. I don't know whether FWD would alter the tyre characteristics though

Seeing as though you've actually posted earlier in the 'which tyres' thread, this will be closed.

Please don't double post.