Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Advice on wheel refurbs

I've got numerouos sets of wheels tha predominantly just need the outer rim skimming and polished to remove light kerbing - possibly thinking of powdercoating one set of bk299's as well.

any advice where/how much? (In the north east or reliable serice by courier?)

I've been quoted £235 to get BBS RC's 18" done totally refurbed but wold've preferred a quick skim/tidyup , especially when I have 4 sets to sort out !! :roll:

I assume you went to SEM paul? I dont think theres many places locally, although I'm sure someone said that Sungold car audio place on scotswood road have started refurbing wheels (could be way off the mark there, just a half remembered comment!). I think my Dad used somewhere in county durham to get one of mums alloys sorted out, cost him £50 but there was a BIG chunk missing (council grass cutter drove into it!) I'll see if i can find out from him where he used.

Get friendly with a tyre place and ask them to skim them down on the tyre balancing machine, and then lash a coat of paint on them at home :-)

I've done that once or twice in the past where a full refurb of a set wasn't justified.

Get friendly with a tyre place and ask them to skim them down on the tyre balancing machine, and then lash a coat of paint on them at home :-)

I've done that once or twice in the past where a full refurb of a set wasn't justified.

.....hardly surprising the amount of wheels you go through - you've got me at it now with bk's tt compo's and bbs rc's ;)