Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Audi Door Handle Conversion

Ive used the search and the only place i could come up with was Venom Motorsport for the Audi A3/A6 (are they the same?) style door handles. Their price is £160 delivered and was wondering If theres anywhere cheaper who supplies them?

Google also wont turn up much for me, and as im trying to get all body parts up together before i get some work done, id like them quite soon. :D

Nick

surely this isn't for just the handles??????

Never investigated but i would presume youo could rob some from a scrappy and make the links once they're installed into your doors???

Yep, £160 including the handles, TAX!! and delivery.

I was considering hacking some from an audi door, but presumed that as its a conversion kit, the angles of the doors might not be the same, and this has been taken into the consideration for the kit?!

Nick

Awesome do them aswell and seeing them on a member's car recently, they look superb.

I want some too as I hate the standard handles but I'd rather wait until the whole car gets a blow over and incorporate the handles onto the same job sheet.

...its a conversion kit, the angles of the doors might not be the same, and this has been taken into the consideration for the kit?!

Nick

either way, your door will have to be hacked to bits - i can't imagine a panelbeater being that bothered about fitting a hacked out bit of audi metal into your door. my brother-in-law (panelbeater, in case you were wondering) tells me its no prob.

I want some too as I hate the standard handles but I'd rather wait until the whole car gets a blow over and incorporate the handles onto the same job sheet.

Im planning a few bits of bodywork in the too distant future, so whilst its there i figure i might as well get everything i want done.

Now my problem is finding doors if i cant find a cheaper kit!

have a look on flea bay as well as i've seen awesome selling audi door handle kits on there, cant for the life of me remember how much they were tho :roll:

Im looking at buying a couple of doors from ebay and chopping and then fitting to my door now, rather than the kits.

Has anybody actually done this? It makes sense if its cheaper, but ive never heard of anybody doing it! Also I know there are the A3 and A6 conversions, but would an A4 door handle fit? Im sure it could be 'made' to fit the outside, but what about the mechanism on the inside?

Im looking at buying a couple of doors from ebay and chopping and then fitting to my door now, rather than the kits.

Has anybody actually done this? It makes sense if its cheaper, but ive never heard of anybody doing it! Also I know there are the A3 and A6 conversions, but would an A4 door handle fit? Im sure it could be 'made' to fit the outside, but what about the mechanism on the inside?

i'd say buy a kit. Much easier and think the venom one uses OEM parts too.

Yes venom's kit are all OEM parts. Blokey from vemon (Richard) did sell them to me for £125 as i have got quite a bit of stiff off him in the past. The kit comes with the 2 Off door panels inserts plates, 2 x inside door mechs, 2 x door mechs and two plates. I will get a photo up tomorrow after the car has had a wash