Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

Disappearing Speaker Grills ???? Why ???

alright peeps

My Corrado was missing the door speaker grills and this seems to be common problem seeing all the other posts about it.

When i located some replacements on ebay they seem to have locked in great so where do they all go? Is it a bad design or something as they they are not the sort of thing you remove??? Do they fall off or something????

hmmmm is there a big pile of them some where with all the biro's???

I don’t have an answer but i don’t have any grills either. I recon they just get knocked off buy clumsy people. I have had to cringe a number of times when passengers throw them selves into my car whacking the door/speaker pod every which way! grrr!

My passenger one fell off and the missus shut it inbetween the door and sill, breaking it in half!! Bring on the super glue!!

Mine are held together with glue and the grilles in my friend's Corrado are A.W.O.L. I guess they just get smashed and never replaced. Can you even get them from VW now?

GSF sold me some a few years ago for bout £20 quid, must say I just loved it when ppl get in my car and crush it in the door then stomp on it saying sorry as their foot then proceeds to drag it out the car again (yes mother you!) :censored:

you put your foot out and kick the speaker grille off !

well its like that on a mk1 anyway !

I got two spares off a write off after the owner askign me what I wanted.

all I could think of was the speaker grilles :cry:

My ex wasnt allowed to

a. open the door.....incase she broke the handle by grabbing at it like her life depended on it. I always opened it for her and

b. allowed to get out of the car without me helping her.incase the speaker grills went on walkabout.

the fact she was almost 6ft with legs upto her armpits didnt help either.

ps point 'a' and 'b' can be fobbed off as being polite in her eyes.

.....for me its just prevention against destruction to my car.

had custom door pods put in after a while,and the component speakers had tougher grills to protect them.