Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

YOUR FAVOURITE CORRADO MOD????????

What are the performance mods generally done to 1.8's and 2.0's? So far im hearing cams and exhaust. Are air filter mods common? What else?

What are the performance mods generally done to 1.8's and 2.0's? So far im hearing cams and exhaust. Are air filter mods common? What else?

some well placed holes in the airbox can help,best on the inner wing side or in the bottom.

the wur mod (warm up regulator) is common,enrichens the fuel mixture throughout the rpm range.

best done by someone who knows vw's and on a rolling road. :)

my fave mod so far is my gear change lights :)

im not gonna say the charger and wotnot because its still way too slow :(

Adding a supercharger to the VR6 transforms teh car and as such is my favourite mod followed by nitrous oxide for fun and exhilaration but for cheapest and most gained mod has to be a quick shift!

Chris

With some mods like a full exhaust, new cams and the aformentioned airbox mod, what kind of 0-60 and 1/4 mile times could be expected from a 1.8L or 2.0L? How about horsepower? Im just trying to get a feel of what kind of gains i would see if i did purchase a valver and modified it. Thanks

P.S. I am american if you haven't noticed already :neutral:

has to be a chip and pulley on a g60, £170 and you get 30 bhp,,

putting that into perspective i spent about £1500 + on my mk1 gti 1600 8v engine to get another 27 bhp,,,,,

gotta redefine mine actually :D Putting the new-style grill on the front, and a chrome vw badge on the back was both good for modernising the car's exterior.