Sign in to follow this  
neil20vtc

how many silencers?

how many silencers does a 2.0 16v stainless system have? any pics of one would be good

the reason im asking is ive just had a custom stainless system fitted along with a de cat pipe and the noise it makes is unbearable an the bloke at the exhaust place reckons he cant make it much quieter without either puttin the cat back on or downsizing the bore but its only 2 1/4 as it is!

and when i looked under the car i can only see one small silencer after the de cat and then the back box should it have more?

i have 2. a tube shaped on after the cat and a oval/rectangle one before the back box.

I think there is 2 on a normal system.

My SS is to loud also so I spoke to a bloke at power flow and he said that its the back box that makes most of the noise. they can be more or less baffeled (sp?) to make more of less noise so that may be worth check.

he said he could try puttin another box on just after the cat but thats it without puttin the cat back on but i dont want to do that cos im liking the extra bit of go it has , an he aint mentioned baffles but i told him i wanted it quiet an he reckons its as quiet as he can get it!