Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Another water leak

So on Friday I moved the car out of the garage and saw a pink puddle in the middle of the floor. Lots of coolant had been lost, overnight, without the engine running! So I topped up and haven't found a leak, nor have I lost a similar amount of coolant again? Has the leak fixed itself? I think G12+ can block leaks, but not sure? How can such a large amount be lost overnight and little lost since? I have had a look along all the pipework and radiator that I can see, and I haven't found anything. Any thoughts?

ed

did it over heat? the block could leak from a core plug, but i guess its more likely that its a bad joint of a pipe etc. where was the puddle, as in left or right side of the bay?

also which car you got?

The puddle appears in the centre of the bay. The car is '93 VR6. I think I can see some G12+ residues running down the back of the sump. Just had another look and saw the drip hitting the floor of the garage but still can't see its origin. This was after moving the car back into the garage after a hovering session.

Also when I have the igition on but the engine not running the electric pump sounds louder than normal (but I might just be being paranoid). I can also hear a lot of fluid flowing around the pipework (air getting in?). But I didn't see any dripping (then again I only lay on the floor looking for 1min).

Oh and no the car isn't overheating (but at most its run for 25mins driving to/from work).