Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

What size is a G60 Rad Fan so I can replace poss with Pacet?

What size fan did you use and how easy was it to fit??? Did you have to wire it up any special way or did it plug straight in

Plugged straight in and was easy to fit. The only thing which seems odd is it is fixed in place by special fixers which go through the radiator.

Not sure what the size is but next time I'm out in the car I'm have a look. I'd say it's got to be around 12inches though.

Blue_Joe, Would you say you've got what you want out of your car now?

It's cos I'm wanting more power and I'm thinking of either buying a VR6 and supercharging it or tuning the hell out of my G60. Would you say going down your route is worth it?

Blue_Joe, Would you say you've got what you want out of your car now?

It's cos I'm wanting more power and I'm thinking of either buying a VR6 and supercharging it or tuning the hell out of my G60. Would you say going down your route is worth it?

For now! - I really am not sure what else I could get out of it. And I really need to draw the line somewhere! It's starting to go WAY overboard on costs now! Next i need to contrate on sorting out minor niggles and alterations with the body work plus I want a bare metal respray with a lartge amount of layers (around 7!!! :shock:) then smoothed out so I get that REALLY DEEP shine finish!

The choice between tuning the G60 and buying a VR6 is really dependant on what you want out of it! They are soo different you need to think about what you are going to use it for and what experiance you want out of it. The G60 is a raw aggressive kind of car and as mine is a second car I don;t mind doing all this to it. But I would hate it as an everyday car! The VR6 however is much more smooth and controlled kind of power. So really it's a personal choice. Would i do it again??? - I wouldn't undertake all the manual side myself. I think I'd leave all the aggro and heartache to the garage next time. I just hope the power is worth it!! But you also need to consider - It was VERY VERY Expensive!

i use a pacet pro fan. 1668cfm 12" on my G60 rad.

Again was it a stright plug and play or need any giggary pokery???

Any idea of how much you've spent on it? I keep toying with the idea of having the engine done on mine - then stopping the thoughts due to cost.

:( secrets secrets...

Sorry mate - I don't really want how much I spend on my car to be public knowledge. And on top of that I really don;t want to add it all up myself as it'll make me cry :cry:

no worries at all - i was just very curious since youve gone the full hog so to speak! i would like your salary regardless ;)

no worries at all - i was just very curious since youve gone the full hog so to speak! i would like your salary regardless ;)

I'd like a bigger salary!

I'd like a bigger salary![/quote:a4af6]

Wouldn't we all mate - i could get my g60 sorted quicker then

Sam the original G60 fan is 250/150w with a 305mm diameter fan blade.

IIRC the higher wattage one is used for aircon cars.