Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

Had a ride in a G6016v last night!

A mate took me for a blast around the crystal palace area in a Mk2 Golf G6016v (engine transplated at the weekend from another mates car), was really good fun.. The engine was awesome, quite quick and the noise! oh the noise!! just awesome! Everyone and I mean everyone was looking at the car as it went passed, I said to my mate, are you ever going to bore of the noise... small quiet pause... 'NO' ..lol

Its very much work in progress at the mo as it really needs a new set of injectors, bigger fuel regulator and a re-map, but once that has happened engine will be sweet as!

If you want to do something a little different to your 16v or G60 corrado's.. do a G6016v !

Anyone else experienced this setup..? if so what are your thoughts?

(See the coupehaus website for pics of the car and spec very soon)

biggerbigben, thats my ultimate mod to my Corrado mate. Be interested to hear if anyone else has been converted!

Andrew

Have a look at 16VG60 on this forum or John at JMR, he has one in a Corrado and it's crazy! pushing out way over 300bhp with some F1 technology in, something to do with the throttle body's I think?

It's a blue Corrado with 17" BBS RX's, lowered on FK's with a twin custom milltek system - really nice!

Ben

Was it Nick's car?

I'm persuading some guys from work to come to No Rice including the guy with the E30 M3

Your mate Alex has a 16VG60 also no?

ive only ever heard a standard G60 no mod's at all diddnt sound that good but i was not in the car i would like to have a go in a G60 thats had a bit of work done some one will have to take my for a blast in one at the next show

Have a look at 16VG60 on this forum or John at JMR, he has one in a Corrado and it's crazy! pushing out way over 300bhp with some F1 technology in, something to do with the throttle body's I think?

It's a blue Corrado with 17" BBS RX's, lowered on FK's with a twin custom milltek system - really nice!

Ben

Was it Nick's car?

I'm persuading some guys from work to come to No Rice including the guy with the E30 M3

Your mate Alex has a 16VG60 also no?

JMR rado is very cool. The engine looks so factory!

It is nicks car yeah! he swapped it out of Pauls car into his mk2 over the weekend.

Alex used to have a G6016v then he grew blonde hair and got into make up :D

We will be coming in Nick's 16vG60 for no rice - for sure! Be cool if you can get that M3 along..

ive only ever heard a standard G60 no mod's at all diddnt sound that good but i was not in the car i would like to have a go in a G60 thats had a bit of work done some one will have to take my for a blast in one at the next show

I would say that the only thing that is the same between a normal G60 and a 16vG60 is the charger.. they are completly different engines.. the 16v setup can be really noisy because the charger is getting worked much more..

B

Alex used to have a G6016v then he grew blonde hair and got into make up :D

We will be coming in Nick's 16vG60 for no rice - for sure! Be cool if you can get that M3 along..

yeah but you werent complaining where you lol

also nice to see Paul's engien lives on and didnt know Nick got a mkII now

also yeah there is nothing like it unlike Pauls mine on idle was well quiet just a faint noise of "something" but when you let rip OMG would everyone down the street turn round and look to see what the feck it was :D

ah great times they really where :)

perosnally if i was to supercharge a 16v again ill do it with a vortech charger otherwise say hello to mr hybrid turbo he is your best friend lol

biggerben hoiw did it compare with power/pulkl to your C?

well to giveyou a idea mine with about 80% map done was well on par with a golf supercharged vr and still ahd alot more in it

I would say the IHI setup is a bit more powerful. Its a totally different power delivery as well, but I'll let you know when its fully up and running.

I would say the IHI setup is a bit more powerful. Its a totally different power delivery as well, but I'll let you know when its fully up and running.

Now then ben i thought you were all mapped up a couple of months ago???

yeah it didn't go to plan.. yes it was mapped but only made 300bhp.. which I'm not happy about so re-doing a couple of things to improve on that as I wanted more 340-360bhp tbh..

will be done soon..

hows yours?

Mine G60 16v) was due to go in before the RR but I have to move up to Scotland with work in about a month so I have no time to get it fitted.

I wasn't worried about getting the engine swapped over just that I didn't think I would get chance to sort out all the teething trouble and the last thing I want to do is make a bodge of it after 2 years.

On the plus side the house we are looking at has a 23x26ft garage to play in :cheers: :multi:

yeah it didn't go to plan.. yes it was mapped but only made 300bhp.. which I'm not happy about so re-doing a couple of things to improve on that as I wanted more 340-360bhp tbh..

will be done soon..

hows yours?

Well kinda nearly killed my turbo. Over spun it with a boost leak from turbo to intercooler due to electronic boost controller trying to make 22psi which it did do and as said overspun turbo and damaged main shaft and bearings.

Easy enough fix and not too expensive so all good really and back to if not better than before soon?