Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

flushing over rear

A few people have done this and it does look a lot better than having a rubber bung IMO

I wouldn't have thought it'd cost that much as they only have to cut that section out and weld in a plate - being white your car will be nice and easy to paint too - well easier than a metalic anyway :)

wouldnt a bodyshop want to take glass out to prevent cracking from heat of welding?

Ive smoothed mine over but used fiberglass

you are correct flusted, you would need to remove the glass for sure. i lucked out as i was replacing my hatch and shaved it before i put new glass in :)

Glass will probably need removing.

Not sure how much mine cost as I had a few other bits done at the same time so didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the individual prices.

for them to take the glass out of the back of the c will probably be quite hard wont it! as isnt it bonded or something does the glass just come out or would they have to sort of cut it out! if that makes sense

I'd imagine your gromet stands out a little bit more compared to mine iow_corrado_g60, on a darkish C you hardly notice it. Still would be nice to have it properly done :)

i welded mine with glass in place and it was okay ,just took it slowly ,did manage to shatter a side window hile welding up the roof rails though !!!!