Sign in to follow this  
EDSTARVR6

Erwin: VW's technical advise online

Just found erwin, its a set of online manual from VW available from the main vw website https://erwin.volkswagen.de

You have to purchase the documents and print them off from acrobat but they do cover the lovely corrado!

Anyone else found this? Anyone used it? Is it close to a Bentley manual?

ed

I know G60Renshaw used Erwin a few years ago to get some info on Audi wiring when he was installing his TT dash.

If you thing Bentley covers what you are after then Erwin won't be much different. However if you are looking at something unfamiliar (say TT dash wiring) then you might find it invaluable.

Hope this helps!

John

Wasn't sure if anyone/everyone had heard of erwin, couldn't find anything about it when I searched the forum. I have a bentley manual on dodgy CD, but can't get it to work so I will have to re-read that thread as well. Erwin could be useful I guess, but seems expensive in comparison to a bentley bootleg CD, but then again the Erwin might actually work

Use it all the time. Ebooks are locked to the PC they are down loaded to and the susbscriptions are annual & automatically renewed without notice on your card - be warned!.

They are workshop manuals, not Haynes style but akin to Bentley but slightly less friendly in some areas. Much more expensive than the Bentley which is the USA compilation version of the "americanised" VW equivalent manuals.

It's been going as a web site since 1998.

They seem to have deleted all but 5 manuals out of the 20 ish in the last few weeks that make up the Bentley equivalent.