Sign in to follow this  
oooo

Wheel spacers

maybe somebody has experience with wheels spacers? I have 17'*7 and i believe et is 38 and I think I'm going to fit FK ak coilovers this spring (to lower 60-70mm) and it realy needs wheels spacers. so the headacke is to decide what spacers to fit? :) 10mm -will it be ok?, or 15mm or maybe other options? :roll:

thank you in advance :wink:

It depends on your application, I had FK koni suspension fitted and i did not have to space the wheels out what so ever, but when i had my Brembo's fitted to be able to get them under my BBS RX's i required spacers. There are two types of spacers ones which are just like a thick washer or ones which have the thick washer with a lip (which are usually the thicker ones). I do not beleive there are issues with just having a spacer without the lip providing correct length bolts are used. The spacers with a lip help position the wheel when you in the centre of the hub to be able to line up bolt holes. The spacers that i have came from South Coast Wheels and came with bolts. They come in packs or two ( mine did anyway)

http://www.southcoastwheels.co.uk/

Tel 023 8063 7972

Cheers

Woody

With 5mm spacers would you need longer wheel bolts? What is the bolt size for a VR (inlcuding bolt length)? Thanks.

no ideas anyone? Anyone running tt comps with spacers? If so, what do you have for the rear wheels (because of spacers)?

Whether you need longer bolts depends on the thickness of the wheel where the bolts fit.

If you're worried, take the splash plate off the hub carrier and see if the bolts stick out the back of the hub or not. If not, you need 3 complete turns of thread engagement to be safe.