Sign in to follow this  
retroactivefunk

Installed my new wheels!

retroactivefunk, What brand of tire are you using? They look like federal 595s which is what i run on my 16x9s (205/40/16). I don't hang about in corners and i've never had any grief.

The fact that they look amazing is worth swappig for boring wheels come mot time imo.

They are falken ziex ze512's I think the "rimguard" on the tire makes it look kinda funny. I'm glad the "stretch" folks chimed in and gave their feedback, I was getting worried! (funny how people sit on one side of the fence or the other on stretching) I've been a fan of stretched tires for years. ANyways, I just passed my brake, light and smog checks so I'm good to go. I get my new stickers this evening and will be legal to drive finally. I've owned the car for 6 months and have finally got it on the road. The previous owner neglected everything. Next in line is lowering and getting the glader rebuilt. (besides getting the windows to roll down!) There is a deal on the vortex for B+G coilovers for 1099.00 I think I'm gonna jump on. (I can't be driving a boot around, now can I?) *grin*

retroactivefunk, Just watch when you go to buy tires, i got a set of yokohama paradas (205/40/16) put on and they left about an inch of bare rim either side!

Afaik federals are one of the few tires that have enough rim protector to cover the wheel with that amount of stretch. Glad to know of another brand now though.

what kind of wheel width would be good on 16x9" rims for a good stretch? (about what retroactivefunk has on his?

I've now got 205/45/16s on my rears and they still look the part just not quite as stretched.

They were only £40 too but its all down to the brand of tire and how big the rim protector is.

I think you should go for 215/40-16 next time around on the tires.

205/40-16 is not safe on 9-16. When are the people on the rainy Island going to learn :nuts:

Love the rims though. Tried to convince my brother to buy BS's when he bought the Keskins

loving the stretch tbh...! and the wheels.... very nice...!

i have 215/40-16's on my 9x16s and admittedly i wouldnt go for anymore of a stretch as i wouldnt trust them at speed... they just look like there gonna come pff the rims...! eek!

:)