Sign in to follow this  
TheWizardofOdds

The Garage

This was a new series on Discovery about a group of british mechanics working in Spain for scotsman 'Jock',the garage owner.

I really enjoyed this show(it ended on monday).Throughout the series various cars were brought in with problems ranging from oil changes(hadn't been topped up in years) to engine fires and so on.Some of the cars they serviced were amazing.Jaguar 120,Bentley GT,Golf MK1 convertible and a Camaro to name a few.The best thing for me though,was the way the program explained the different problems with computer graphics and the mechanics themselves explaining why the problems occured and how they would go about fixing them.

On the last show the atmosphere in the garage was strained to say the least.The summer season was coming to an end and work was thin on the ground.The mechanics were mainly made up of BMW,VAG-trained technicians and seemed to know their onions.However,Jock saw to it that two experienced mechanics and one trainee ended the show tending their resignation,being unable to work for the t*at.

I hope the program returns for a second series because it really is one of the best 'reality' shows for petrolheads along with american hotrod.

Watched a few of them and agree it is quite a good way of finding out what goes on behind the scenes and some of the actual explanations as to why things break...

I think they just need a series featuring a fly-on-the-wall look at a large UK dealership. Now that would be entertaining!

Tis a good show, i've been watching it all along too. Anyone who missed it, they repeat it on friday and sunday night IIRC.

The bird's not bad either.