Sign in to follow this  
Majik

What needs doing to your corrado?

At the moment, my car needs niggly little bits and pieces.

Dipstick holder, bought from german and swedish for (DONE)

Oil Temp sensor broken whilst doing supercharger

ignition switch playing up need to wiggle key to start

need bolt for supercharger mount to block. (DONE)

gearlever c clip worn need to get from dealers (DONE)

Respray, alloys, induction kit (mabye), windows re-tinted and leather re-done. New plugs, leads and rear brakes aswell... they reaaallly need done :oops:

I am in the middle of doing.

Bought:

4 x caliper, discs, pads

flexi hoses

s4 charger & rsr outlet (match ported)

supersprint exhaust

bonrath poly bushes

general service - timing belt, tensioner, spark plugs (£10Ea :shock: ), ht circuit, oil etc

To buy in next few days:

samco hose kit - or equiv

plumbing for blower (to fit Pitstop/g-werks outlet)

intercooler

Front bumper - red

To buy in relatively near future:

Leda fully adjustable struts and coilover springs

Wheels - not sure of size 16 or 17?

Full engine management

Heavilly mod'd head & Cam

Any suggestions for the 'to buy in next few days' list greatly appreciated.

bought oil & filter, & pads all round about 3 weeks ago & still haven't got off my arse to do them

Have an oil cooler to fit 2

need to go & buy a new passenger door handle as someone kindly tried to brake in to my car Friday & broke it :x Luckily no other damage was done thank god

Remove passenger door panel to try and find an annoying rattle and replace the nonexistant plastic membrane. :shock:

Get some bodywork touched up. (A few stonechips, scrapes on front and back bumpers.) :oops:

And a clean. :p

The back aswell!! How'dyou manage that one? High speed reversing manouvre? Will it not polish out? :lol: :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. I could be doing with getting rid of some rattles in the doors aswell and putting LED's in place of doorpins. Want to do Passat conversion also but drivers door sometimes won't unlock with alarm and have to use the key to get in :x :x Think I'll dye my carpets black and mabye the headlining. And a clean too :p

The back wasnt me. :p , I honestly dont know if it was like that when I got the car as I noticed it a while after getting it back from storage. It isnt bad and is more like a few scratches close together. Polish does hide it pretty well (hence you never noticed it) but id still like to get it sorted.

I'm waiting on a set of Azev A's (in the post).

Need to sort something out with my rear light clusters

Have to find & fix an irratating oil leak

And then I swear I'm finished messing with my car :wink:

New engine... :cry: (and all 'cos of a £1.25 bolt! see my G60wish list thread!)

New front bumper

Front and rear bumper respray to get rid of road rash and parking injuries...

Don't want to think what else, that lot's the best part of 4.5K! :shock: :?

Already done:

oil, oil filter,plugs, dist. cap, dist. rotor arm, RSR outlet kit,new sunroof motor, new front drivers side CV joint, new E brake cable, new Fuba antenna, two new front tires Pirelli 195/50/15 Z system Assimetrico

Things i have ready to do:

reattach roof trim moldings and rear badges, cross drilled slotted rotors, brake pads, rear strut tower bar, new low temp theromstat, new lower temp fan switch, bonnet strut, replace central air vent in dash and ash try (trying to keep factory look does NOt get used in my C),fuel filter, magnetic drain plug next time oil is changed

Things i dont have but am doing soon:

8mm yellow plug wires, ISV reroute, remove CAT and rebuild exhaust, add Passat cup holder

i am sure there are many more things i could do but all that makes me a bit dizzy i am afraid :D :D :lol: not to mention a lot lighter in the wallet

OK, a $1.25 part blew your whole engine? what engine would this be?

It was a 1.8 PG G60 engine... It's the bolt that holds the pulleys onto the crank... Turns out that this is a stretch bolt which someone has not changed at some point in the car's history and has just put back in...

Imagine your cam-belt snapping and buckling all of the pulleys at the bottom of the engine as well as multiple valves meeting multiple pistons and tensioners being twisted on the supercharger side of things and you're getting close... As I said, dead engine... :roll: :cry: I wouldn't mind as much if I were hammering it, but I was in third at 20MPH in traffic on the way home! :shock: :cry:

I got the dipstick holder but i got an orange one and the one on my car is red, is there any difference apart from the colour?

bought four new bolts for the supercharger to block mount only like 30p each

I could do with changing the membrane on the driver's door.

Also, anybody know how to get the plastic cover off the Cam Cover without breaking it and removing all kinds of other bits? Mine's cracked on the Corrado and was gonna swap it with the one from the Vento...

I got the dipstick holder but i got an orange one and the one on my car is red, is there any difference apart from the colour?

bought four new bolts for the supercharger to block mount only like 30p each

They changed the type of plastic that they make the holders out of a few years ago 'cos the red ones kept breaking... The orange ones aren't as sensitive to heat so they don't go brittle and snap like the red ones do... :)

Other than the colour and type of plastic, they're identical... 8)

Pages of things left to do... but on the plus side pages of things already done, and I'm not adding new things on the end of the list very often

Skye

new gauges, new leather, new brakes, new paint, 1.9 conversion, map and puiley, new grille, tinted windows, passat handles........

The list goes on.

But im thinking of leaving it how it is now and getting my Golf back on the road.

Hmmmm, decisions decisions....

new gauges, new leather, new brakes, new paint, 1.9 conversion, Hmmmm, decisions decisions....

Be done with it, and go for the full two litres, what's the point in going half way?!? :roll: :lol:

Brakes, however, I agree with... Before you mess with the engine on your C, mess with the brakes so that you can stop the thing once you've got it going! :? 8) Guages only needed once you've "played" with the engine! 8) and leather's always nice 8) :D

what's the point in going half way?!?

Cause i read AGES ago that G60's dont work that well on 2L's...

Guages only needed once you've "played" with the engine

Have gauges already... one broke, need a new one....

and leather's always nice

Isn't it? 8) :lol:

Cause i read AGES ago that G60's dont work that well on 2L's...

It depends on the way you make the engine into a 2 litre... If you use the long block then it can turn into a giant vibrator and be NASTY... Use a sensible setup using custom pistons, a slightly overbored PG block, VW crank and conrods with a stock head gasket and you've got a killer mix of bits with 2L of fun! Things have progressed quite a lot with 2L G60s in the last few years and I know of at least 4 companies offering them now and a couple that are working on them... It's something that's going to get more common as the G60 engines are all starting to get to the stage where you need to rebuild them (mine's past that stage with 220,000miles+! :shock: ) so you may as well go whole hog and do a conversion while you are rebuilding!

Have gauges already... one broke, need a new one....

Always the way! :roll: :lol:

Well iwas quite interested in the 1.9l setup Pitstop and Darren are putting together, so it made sense. :D

And my gauge that broke. It had to be my mechanical Oil pressure gauge didnt it! just so it could spunk oil down my carpet! :mad:

Well iwas quite interested in the 1.9l setup Pitstop and Darren are putting together, so it made sense. :D

Yeah, that looks like it's gonna be an interesting setup... I'm keeping my eye on that one as well in case my 2L doesn't work out properly... :roll: :D

And my gauge that broke. It had to be my mechanical Oil pressure gauge didnt it! just so it could spunk oil down my carpet! :mad:

Always the way! :roll: :lol: