Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Parts delivery annoyance!!

[rant]Ordered some shocks and springs for the Scirocco off German Ebay early last week! and expected them to arrive early this week...but no sign of them!

So yesterday I get a message from the supplier in Germany...saying there is some poroblem with my address, and could I confirm it with them....which I did.

So today I get a message from the guy saying that the courier had tried to deliver the parts on two occasions and that they had now been returned to Germany, and that I have to pay postage costs again!! :x :x :x :x

He finally gave the the package tracking no today...and they did try to deliver it!..but they didn't leave any message on either occasion to let me know that !!!....and as I didn't have the tracking number I had no idea what was going on!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

and I needed the damn parts to work on the car this W'end....the way some people do business just annoys me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:[/rant] :-P

The courier isn't the infamous City Link is it?

They seem to get referred to by their not-so-polite name which sounds very similar to city...

German courier service called DPD...dunno who they use to deliver within the UK because they never left any delivery cards!! :roll:

I work for an internet based car performance parts shop and we have no ends of problems with couriers ...... sometimes quicker to use carrier pidgeons . And City Link are ...well.... idiots to put it nicely

I think it's couriers in general. Sooo many are absolute poo, it can't be that hard can it?!

Sounds like it probably was City Link then

Muppets.

not just me then, i had no end of problems with this crowd letting me down with their own special blend of numptiness :x

Business post weren't too much cop for me the other day, either.

Got a card when I wasn't in the first time saying they'd try again on Wed.

When Wednesday came and went with no card I was preparing to drive miles to their depot to get it myself, but thought I'd just phone to make sure.

Bint- Oh no sir, it's been delivered. To one of your neighbours

Me- Ok which one?

Bint- er... I don't know

Me- What do ya mean you don't know? didn't you get the door number? I've got lots of neighbours!

Bint- Hang on... I'll get onto the driver. [puts me on hold]

Me- :roll:

Bint- Sir... we dont have a door number, but the house he delivered it at had a red Celica on the driveway.

Me- ..............Er. Ok thanks.

Moral of the story is... Make sure one of your neighbours has a distinctive car if you're not likeley to be in to take a delivery from ECP! :lol: