Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Sunroof

I know search but anyway my sunroof still slides but not as should do.

Had it open went to close it which it wouldnt do unless i held close button and physically pushed it. Looked at exterior roof on sunfoof and its put a couple of scrapes on it.

This was ages ago and just did not want to accept its given up the ghost but as i remember it would still open but not close right and dont really want to try it in case it gets stuck.

Hopefully this can be a easyish fix any1 had same/similar problem and know how to rectify it.

Just want to know what is f*****

Cheers simon

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. A new switch did it for me. Now works perfectly. Perhaps, when you push the switch so hard, it shuffles the mech just enough so it will make marks in the panel.

kris

Hi

I had this same problem (the scratches on the roof) and I used the sunroof repair kit. I've got a .pdf showing how I fixed the problem if you want it? Send me your e-mail address.

Thanks

Adam

Hi

I had this same problem (the scratches on the roof) and I used the sunroof repair kit. I've got a .pdf showing how I fixed the problem if you want it? Send me your e-mail address.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks PM sent

Hi

Thought i'd just put the attachment on here..... If I can get it to work......Here goes!

Ad

If you right click on the 'download' text on the right it should ask you where to save it. Select a place.... Download it and open..... Will work as long as you have acrobat (most computers do)

Ad

Thanks that worked a treat and the scratches look exactly the same just got to wait for the snow to go now need a summer day by the looks of that.

Thanks simon

Yeah, i'd allow a full day if you can.

Just take it steady and its pretty easy, just be careful with the headlining, its pretty fragile.

Ad

Yup, did this on peanut's C last summer, and can confirm that is exactly the right way to remove all the trim and the sunroof itself... :thumbleft:

That guide could do with being in the Knowledge Base/Wiki or whatever its called this week!

I've done two Golf Mk 3 Sunroof changes so I'm not nervous about doing the Corrado one, its just nice to have such a detailed guide so you don't spend hours working out how trim panels come off or where the hidden screws are!