Sign in to follow this  
B4LJX

Alpine CDE 9855R

I looking to get this head unit Alpine CDE 9855R

anyone got one good unit??

thanks

bal

no more of ur opinions on it , if its a good unit, have seen them range from £260 - £399

It's got loooooooooots of features - I still haven't gone throught the manual to set the damn thing up properly :oops:

Feels very well engineered. The slider bar takes a bit of getting used to - I actually would have preferred it if they just put normal buttons on instead!

Mine cost £260 + £10 delivery I think, and it came within 2 days, which I was very impressed with.

Just found the link, and it looks like they've put the price up by a fiver :?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product ... duct=21009

I've got the CDA 9855. had it about four weeks

Brilliant unit for the money

so many features

The 9855 is the same basic unit as the excellent, but now discontinuned 9835R.

I've set one up and I'll make no bones about it, the slider menu is terrible. I hope Alpine lose it and revert back to buttons ASAP.

Sound wise, it's excellent. The time alignment is the most effective I've heard on any HU of that price range, way better than Pioneer's 8600 and 9600, no mic required ;-)

My advice is to hunt down a 9835R on the e of bays and if you can't find one, then consider the 9855.

I just picked up a CDA-7949 on eBay for 200.00 US and its a really nice head unit. Pre-amp only 4v on the RCA's, copper chassis etc. I am not going to bash your choice but the CDA 9855 is made in China and Alpine has truly sold out. The biggest complaint about the 7949 was that it did not play MP3 discs. It will control the CHA-S634 changer which will play MP3's. Food for thought. Unless you have to have IPOD capability I would recommend getting an older Alpine unit that was actually made in Japan. The other reason I went old skool is that I dont have one spot of chrome or brushed aluminium on my VR6's dash or instrument faces and the 7949 being dark coloured blends in better.

cda7949.jpg