Sign in to follow this  
juloesG60

De-Locked my door handles today now got issues!

After being without a rado for 2 months due to the sale of my G60, last weekend i bought a beautiful aqua blue 2L16v for a deal at £1200 (my second Corrado and im only 19, talk about hooked!), but my first mod has caused issues!

On my last rado i found delocking my door handles, with modified rear Passat items simple and effective, but today i tried it on my new boy and after an hour or so in the freezin cold, i was done....or not!

N/S door all good, but drivers not so, close the door lock the car and can still open the door but only an inch! Unlock the car same thing! it can be intermitent when it lets me open the door totally but is usually when the door is locked i.e. alarm goes off! Not much fun!

Ne ideas?

cheers

The striker pin is probably not pushing the arm on the mech enough - the plastic section of the striker pin on the handle usually needs winding down a fair way to ensure that the mech arm is fully activated...

You are using the Passat rear mechs aren't you?

I am working on a mod that will allow full use of Corrado mechs with Passat handles... :)

The 'plastic section on the stricker pin', do u mean the lil white bobble on the handle mechanism? because the delocked handles only have a custom metal strikers i think. They are rear Passat items yea, sounds like ur design may be well worth it!

cheers

Dont worry, all sorted the hammer on the handle needed filing down abit, it seemed to be keeping the lock open all the time.

Now all i need to solve is the intermitent passanger lock which sometimes dosnt open, with the pin going up and then dropping down ne ideas?

thanks