Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

I love german ebay salesmen

jeez.

I just bought this complete set of both indicator- and wiper stalks off this german on ebay. clicky. the postage was stated at 9 euro, but I thought that was for germany, so I emailed him just to be sure. He came up with the amount 45 euros (for postage alone), so I sent him three emails discussing whether or not this was correct. Finally I got him to admit it would be 45 euros all together. Fair mistake. Now, he hadn't left any payment info on the ebay ad, so I emailed him and asked: "how should I pay you? do you accept pay pal?" and he sent the nice reply. "no paypal". nothing else ...yessir.

I love germans. :)

Paypal and credit cards are still a bit of a no-no for most Germans. They simply prefer cash, so do I, given the choice :lol: Apart from that, they have been using BACS (direct bank transfers) far more successfully for donkies-years, something that's only now starting to catch on in the UK :shock:

Tempest

Direct bank transfers are free in Germany, but they are here too with most banks, and even companies (we as a company get paid by BACS, never costs us a penny, and I'm sure the client wouldn't use it either, if it were that expensive).

Tempest

bacs cost a huge amount though 20 quid from most uk banks!

Thats about what my bank charged me last time i used bacs