Sign in to follow this  
pukka96er

CONVERTING TO 20V OR V6

I HAVE A 1992 KREG VR6 CORRADO AND AM FINDING IT VERY HARD TO FIND A distributer early corrado vr6 replacement engine 6 months now!!

could anyone inform me how much work and what work it would take to convert it into a 20v or maybe v6 2.8 4 motion (probably as rare as the vr6??) already rebuilt this engine so no go there and going down the road of breaking this corrado BUT REALLY DONT WANT TO!! HELP

Both have their pros and cons. The 20v is more tuneable (i assume you mean turbo..) and will ultimately give you a better power to weight ratio. However, there's no sound quite like a vw 24v v6....plus if you are interested in a 24v conversion, there are plenty of people on here who have already done it! Personal preference i suppose!

if you are interested in a 24v conversion, there are plenty of people on here who have already done it!

I can only think of four - Jay, Phat, Coxy and Stan. Only three of those were home conversions. lol @ 'plenty'!

Am I forgetting anyone?

There will be a 'Dutch24v' thread coming soon as I will be sticking the 24v lump into the VR as soon as weather permits :D

As I'm attempting this myself plenty of pics and how-not-to's will be posted there 8)

Dutch

Totally depends if you are doing it yourself? Have done this sort of thing before? What you are using the car for etc?

For me I will never go back to a 4 cyl, but as with most things its completely personal preference...

Jay

but as with most things its completely personal preference...

And money. I have wanted a C for coming up to 6 years now. At my age the insurance for a g60 is just over a grand, for a VR6 about 1200... but its the oringinal cost of the car that will prob stop me. :cry:

just really want to get the car up and running for everyday running (that means caining it!) been sat in garage for a while now will have a think over options have a mechanic who does all my work (i haven't got a clue)i just do the wrecking!! anyone who has got a early vr6 2.9 engine speak up !! thanks for your help guys.back to the seat ibiza tdi sport.not quite the same!.

*Mod edit-De-caps'd*