Sign in to follow this  
Linus Van Pelt

Hole in the centre cubby hole...

Early contender for 'stoopid' post of the month but... :wink:

...that cubby hole underneath the ashtray has a square hole in the top of it... it's obviously supposed to be there as there's some rubber bits to protect the gap...

Anyone have any idea why it's there or what it's for?

DtM.

If you mean the one in the dash i think there was an option when bought new to get a unit fitted in the hole which held tapes in for the sterio, ive seen a few before in the C's

There was an optional extra of extra dials for oil pressure and voltage in the cubbyhole for the late spec interior, unfortunately these have been discontinued and are pretty difficult to get hold of these days. The unit fitted in the cubbyhole and the dials matched those on the dashboard in design, the hole at the back is for cable routing for these dials.

neil

94 Flash Red 16v

no extra dials :(

Early C´s you could have a tape holder there or a twin 2 inch VDO gauge panel and late models you could have a tape holder or a twin OEM gauge set

I've mounted a green light (12V, 1.2W interior bulb) in the hole so it illuminates the cubby hole at night. Useful for finding my fags when driving at night!

Kev