Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

lost all coolant HELP NEEDED!

hi lads just got back from my mates coolant/water temp light flashing get home check now water? any ideas this could only of happened in last day as i checked and coolant was fine!

thanks andy

Hope its not like my head gasket was!!

Water was being lost..Loads of it. Ended up being my head gasket. No1 pot was being washed out and all the water was dumping out my exhaust manifold and down the zorst...

I just could not find the leak. Get a garage to do a test on your water. The garage that did my head did a water test. They used a chemical the water turned yellow that meant exhaust gas in the coolent. The only give away to me was after a run when I switched hew off and listened I got a sound like a kettle boiling. This was coming from under the car at the first joint.

It was to late by the time I heard this. :roll:

Hope it helps

im sure its not the head gasket as has never lost hardly any water since i got it then to be totally empty?

now filled up this morning and cant find the leak?

i dont know if its coming out at heavy loads on the engine and the pipe that it was coming out of is only just going and for example poss needs to be hot then expands and starts leaking the water?

anyone any ideas thanks andy

Did you take the expansion bottle top off ?

if you did make sure the rubber holding the pressure hasnt jumped off its seat inside the top.

A quick fix and hopefully its your fix.

ROy

Hi.

My car ran perfect and lost no water then all of a sudden it was gone!!! Warped my head also. Had the head skimmed and of course new headset fitted.

After my head job :lol: I still had sparodic water probs. I would loose a small amount of water slowley and then the light would pop on.

Found to be the matrix bypass saftey valve the matrix pipes were not sealing against the valve.. ie a small amount of water would be lost as steam. The valve hose area was full of sought of limescale. Not a perfect seal. I also changed my expansion tank cap. As recomended by forum users. No trouble since.

I had a problem with the little coolant pipe ends (the plastic bit) which goes into the head. I am not sure of the name.

May be someone can shed some light on this.

Check inlet/outlet pipes on radiator.

I had same problem with mine and it turned out the worm-drive clip had been overtightened and cracked the plastic pipe under the top hose.

I had the same problem, there was a crack in the radiator pipe, bnit of sealant and no probs now.

Other than my radiator fan stopped working????? :(

I also lost all my coolant a while ago. Check all the water pipes inc the ones under the engine / rad. fill her up with water and run on tickover till the temp comes up enough to open the thermostat. once the water is wooshing around you should be able to trace the leak visually. But keep an eye on the temp. and kill it if the temp goes up to much. ie above 100 deg for the water.

Also, Not sure what you had done over the weekend but there might be an airlock somewhere which has cleared sucking the excess out of the expansion tank and into the system.

HTH

it was so tight to get off zippy

i had some new coolant put in over weekend!

i have also just ordered a expansion cap and they had one on the shelf all being well ill have a new one at tea time then will put it on and see what happens after ten odd minutes! and update everyone later!

Hi mate

Did you sort your leak problem? I had the same problem as you and i have just found out that my heater matrix had blown up inside my car. It took a while to show and only leaked when the car was hot and the water started to build up pressure. I have just replaced my matrix took half a day it is a bit tricky but if this is any help send me a reply and i will explain wot i had to do :lol: