Sign in to follow this  
corradomygod

Full beam ahead

Iv noticed my full beam isnt as full as id like it..How can i make lights brighter. Is it just a case of better bulbs or fuckin about with wires?

Yeah , if you put ' uprated AND headlight AND loom ' into the search you'll find plenty of threads on them mate!

Lockage.

Not so fast with the padlock keys there Walesy mate..... :lol:

I have the loom and Osrams and my lights aren't that bright either.

What started out as a simple sidelight bulb change last night has turned into a replacement of both lamps :( The chrome has all but flaked off the reflectors and I'm left with lots of yellow plastic patches.

No wonder the MOT guys said the lights were cr@p and only JUST passed!

So.....check your reflectors Mr God and make sure you don't have any yellow, chromeless badness. If they're good and shiney, proceed with the loom and Osram Silver stars.

I would also recommend getting the proper headlight plugs from the dealer (£5 each) as the looms connect to the headlights with spades. My loom is a bit short aswell, so I'm going to extend it to make bulb replacements easier.

My driver's side headlamp is the same; a lot of the reflector has flaked off leaving no real pattern. It only just passed the MOT last year too.

I don't know where the chrome goes, I reckon the headlight fairies must eat it or something.

They were fine 3 years ago but you get accustomed to slow deterioation of things in the same way you do shock absorbers..... but this year I've noticed I can barely see where I'm going on dipped beam. So new lights it is, which I can get cheaper through my Audi dealer contact :-) About £85 each to me, which negates the need to rechrome the originals imo.