Sign in to follow this  
VRTrickster

Euro or American spec ?

I am looking to buy a set of 264 inlet 264 exhaust camshafts for my rado from America due to budget. I have been put off a bit by someone saying that they would be no good as they use lower octane fuel than us! I would not have thought this would make a difference,does this mean that the American VR6 cams are different to the Euro spec?

Here is the cam spec :

264 .440" 11.17MM INLET

264 .440" 11.17MM EXHAUST

Does anyone know the spec of say Euro Shrick 264's?

Is there such a thing as Euro or American spec cams?

I am planning on running these cams with enlarged flowed TB and a port matched inlet manifold from Micha in Germany.

Cheers!

VRT

The "americans use lower octane fuel than us" thing is actually a very complicated argument ...

Given that they don't rate Octane in the same way as the EU (in fact, in many respects their Octane rating is more stringent than ours), it's hard or impossible to compare directly.

That said, I have no idea what the cam differences are. I think the VR has standard cams that are around 245 degrees maybe? Don't quote me on that... Most people over here seem to buy the Schrick 268's, or equivalent.

Physically, the cams are the same, i.e. they're the same length with the same mountings...

That's where I run out of info ...

Im starting to wonder whether or not he really knew what he was talking about! Surely the cams are the same standard on VRs Euro and American but mapped differently?

Not sure here, just going to stick my neck out. But the cams in the 2.8 and 2.9 are the same? and the yanks had the 2.8 in the raddo. So at a guess the cams will fit all vr6 lumps only the duration and lift will varry depending on spec. I was looking at a set which are sold on ebay from the states, 268's.

Yeah thats what I thought ! Your probably looking at the same place Doherty Racing? I think Im just going to go for it ,I dont think theres going to be a problem! You cant argue with the almost half the price of Shricks new billets not regrinds delivered to your door all the way from america! :o