Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Do i really want a G60??

Just sold my Passat 20vT and now thinking of another corrado but G60 this time. First off i'm a bit scared of reliability as it will be my daily driver, got my MK1 Sportline in the garage for summer, come on!! Can i find a good one for 2500k? Come on guys, i just need swayin!!

well ive had every other corrado and this is my first G60, i bought it in sept 05 done 12,000 miles in it and loved everyone, theres no such thing as a reliable car they all break down just how often :) it's still a corrado at the end of the day, for 2500 grand i reckon you will always end up spending more, but sounds like you already know what your letting yourself in for, i really enjoy owning my car and i have spent a few quid on it since i bought it but everytime i have a good drive home it makes up for it everytime, i highly recommend the G60 it's deffinately my favourite out them all,

just my 2p worth.

id say allow £500+ so that you can get g-werks to overhaul the charger and maybe the odd tickle here n there...it'l prob need the vac pipes checking and stuf like a blue temp sender etc

then it should be just as good as any other vw

yes. :)

but i havent got a feckin clue why?....why? why ! why !!! :? :lol:

on a serious note,one thing i will say is dont let em scare ya.

if they are serviced reguarly (just like any car really?) then theres no reason for anything to be going wrong.and the charger should last the whole time between designated rebuild periods with no problems. :)

good to keep the rpm low untill full running temp too,gives the charger seals less grief while the oil pressure is high,little things like that make me feel better :lol:

I agree with everyone here.

The previous owner of my G60 was not an enthusiast so it came to me in standard form. It certainly wasnt pampered by the guy.

As soon as i bought it, i had the charger serviced and all the essentials checked.

That was nearly 4 years ago and i havent had a single problem with reliability.

Maybe i've just been lucky.

Not had the pleasure of owning all types of Cs but getting into my mate's G60 some 3 years ago for the first time just did it for me. I've had mine now 2.5 years and despite having had to sort out a pretty much all of the more common problems (G-Lader, BTS, injectors, brakes and calipers, Lambdaprobe, to name a few), not regretted owning it. I don't, however, use it as a daily driver; none of my Karmanns are used for that :roll:

Tempest

Yes you need one... mines never given me any hassle at all - had the usual corrado problems such as the sunroof and spoiler breaking, but nothing major at all :) and it just so happens mine will be up for sale very soon for £2500 :D - just need to fix the spoiler first :roll:

2500 with that list of mods :shock: , sounds very cheap to me buddy

BlackValver, there ya go won't get anymore for 2.5k than Shilakadaddy's,beasty

might even try an sell mine to buy this,all the mods already done :D

Shilakadaddy, your car sounds the nuts! Very interested in it! Pm me if your serious with details/history etc? I'm coming round to your way of thinking guys, just cant justify buyin a mk4 or alike yet, dont mind the problems just as long as there not mega bucks to fix!

woah i haven't even put an advert up yet! sounds like its too cheap :lol: nah, it's got different wheels and suspension on at the moment, and i've priced it to sell - i've seen lesser cars go for a lot more, but i don't fancy waiting around for the sake of a £100 or so. I'll fix the spoiler, take some pictures, and put an advert up in a week or so :)

Sorry for the thread hijack :lol:

Whats the C wearing now then, wheel and suspension wise? The Passat i just sold was the same, could off got a few quid more but whats the point, might of been there for 2 more months!

Had a Black 1.8 16v, Classic Green 2.0 16v which i bought off Daves16v and now i fancy another one but money wont stretch to or VR6 so either a G60 or Golf VR, fancy the G more though

I don't use mine much, but I totally enjoy every minute of driving it when I do :D

Mine was quite neglected when I got it - the oil that I drained out of it was pure liquid coal :shock: but its fine now I've spent a bit on it.

Well been out and bought one now and cant say i'm regreting it...yet! Just got a permanent smile on my face when i drive it. It's got a stage 4 charger and Jabbasport induction kit which i know adds to the noise but do they all drone like mad or is it just mine?

Well been out and bought one now and cant say i'm regreting it...yet! Just got a permanent smile on my face when i drive it. It's got a stage 4 charger and Jabbasport induction kit which i know adds to the noise but do they all drone like mad or is it just mine?

Any pics then??

I'll put some up soon, it's samboG60's from the for sale sec, went to see it at the wknd and ended up bringing it home with me!! Just love the colour, satin silver!