Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Conti Sport Contact and Conti Premium Contact tyres

Hi

What's the difference between Continental Premium Contact and Continental Sport Contact Tyres - which is best (i.e which supplies the best grip in dry and wet)?

Cheers

Matt

http://www.tyretest.com/pkw_sommerreifen/continental/index.html

I've never used either so all I can suggest is that you read some user reviews and make your mind up from there.

The Sport Contact seem to get a better review in general.

I only discovered that site tonight but I was pleased to see that the general public share my high opinion of the Hankook Ventus Sport K104. Awesome tyre and cheap.

have i just learnt something new in the world i thought you there was synthetic rubber? maybe i missed that lesson in life!! how strange?! funny how you pick things up i was once told by a continental rep that they used natural rubber so,,never thought about it at the time!!!!! :cuckoo:

nah man i got ultimate tyres!!! oh and this just in from continentals website when comparing to the other manufacturers: NR - Natural Rubber performs better than synthetic compounds

I have to agree the sport contact looks a bit ordinary and tacky. I've got one sport contact and three premium contacts on my car. To be honest the sport contact looks cheaper and not as nice a looking tread as the premium. The premium contact aren't far off from being semi-slicks tread pattern-wise. Just wondered if one was better than the other?

How much for a set of 4 in speedline sizes? Just about getting to the end of my bridgestone potenzas and looking for something with a bit of wet grip and a good look.

Edit: Tell you what, Ill just search google. Pi$$ed posting again.

I didn't say there wasn't such a thing as synthetic rubber. It just sounded funny to me at the time. It was almost midnight after all :)

I didn't say there wasn't such a thing as synthetic rubber. It just sounded funny to me at the time. It was almost midnight after all Smile

and i was very very drunk!

So which is better... Premium Contacts or Sport Contacts... or are they better for different situations... i.e are sports better in the wet and Premiums in the dry.. or vice versa... or is one generally better than the other all round?

Thanks for any help as need to get two front tyres soon.

You're telling me!!!

To be fair, the tyres were quite good, very soft compound though don't think they'd last very long!

Looks nasty mate... did the tyres lose grip?

Are goodyear F1's better tyres than sport/premium contacts? Do they last longer or grip better in wet and dry?

Looks nasty mate... did the tyres lose grip?

Err just a bit, but I was going a tad too fast at the time!

I actualy really rated them, but when I crashed the road was slippery (someone did the same as me when the ambulance was bandaging my head up!!) and it sloped away, so there wasn't a lot the tyres could do.