Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Injectors Cleaning Price!

EDIT:Price below (4th post)

Ok, thinking of getting my injectors cleaned and flow tested, trouble is, I have no idea on where to get this done? Do I take the car in or take them off (by a garage) and send them to be done? I'm nr Bradford in W Yorks so if anyone knows anywhere this can be done that would be great!

Also, as I use my car every day, how long could I expect to be without it?

Cheers.

If it's a daily driver it might be worth getting hold of a second hand set and sending those off for refurb, rather than leaving your car laid up for a couple of days. Some places might be able to do them in a day though, so just a day off work.

It's a manifold off job getting the injectors out, so a few hours to remove and refit + refurb time.

Look up some Bosch tuning places in the yellow pages and ring round for some quotes. I got a quote of £15 per injector for an ultrasonic chemical bath and pintle replacements, but the prices do vary from place to place...as does the quality of the workmanship.

Would it be less hassle (although more expensive) to get new ones?

People have mentioned getting them calibrated, I assume that can be done to new ones if necessary, but is it necessary?

After much ringing around I found a local place that does sonic/flow testing etc. The whole works.

£17.50+vat per injector (cleaned and flow tested). Seems pretty good to me!

They're in shipley and called Power Line.

Cool. New ones are £45 each IIRC from a bosch supplier, probably a lot more from VW.

Flow testing and equalising is a good idea for the smoothest possible running, which you can do to new ones too, as not even they are guaranteed to be 100% the same flow rate.

definatly worth getting them cleaned mine were done by a local bosch specalist for £15.00 each + vat made the car drive like new , much more responsive and better on fuel :multi: