Sign in to follow this  
fla

Head unit not storing radio stations, crap reception

I've just installed a Pioneer head unit into my car - plug and play. Problem is that it wont store any of the set stations, so as soon as you turn the power off its back to square one. How do you get around that one? Oh, and the radio reception is totally crap - in fact the old Sony was FAR better. Any ideas, suggestions?

Cheers

Sounds like it needs a bit of tinkering to get a permanant feed into it. also the aerial thing is probably the mini amp in the base of the beesting being rusty and shot to bits. There is a load of quick and not so quick fixes if you clicky here.

HTH

Try swapping the red and yellow leads over on the headunit loom, that'll sort the memory out.

As for the reception, it's aerial as Zippy says, the Pioneers have good radios I've found. My aerial seems OK tho and I've chopped it down 5"!!

I've also replaced my aerial with a shorter 2-piece unit (like VR6s one). Strangely all i did was to replace the old unit with this one and the reception is very poor, whilst the old Sonys was great. Thats why I'm surprised that the miniamp would be having problems. Cant pick up AM at all, well just about, but everything is overshadowed by whistling and noise.

Try swapping the red and yellow leads over on the headunit loom, that'll sort the memory out.

As for the reception, it's aerial as Zippy says, the Pioneers have good radios I've found. My aerial seems OK tho and I've chopped it down 5"!!

5 Inches chopped off and it still works?! :shock:

Fair play!!! :lol: