Sign in to follow this  
leew

Squeeky brakes

Anybody know how to solve squeeky brakes?

I have drilled disc on the front (where the squeel is coming from). The squeel starts after the brakes warm up a bit.

Is it the old 'copper grease on the back of the pads' solution or could it be something else?

i replaced my front pads from genuine vw to pagid pads approx 6 months ago and the left front pad has sqeeked ever since ,the only cure seems to be to take the pads out give them a light sanding, that sorts it out but only temporaliy,even tried new calipers and that hasent stoped it,could it be the vented and grooved disks or shit pads :mad:

The cause will be the compound of the pads themself the only pads I ve found that dont squeek are ferrodo unfortunately I replaced mine with motaquip pads and know I regret it as theyn squeek as well it's bloomin annoying isn't it!!!

Well.. worth mentioning that I have pagid 8 groove discs and pagid fast road pads on the front. Can't say I have ever had squeeking under braking, and they have been on the car over a year.

stock pads.. mine don't squeek! :roll:

try the copper grease. might do the trick..

Can also help if you (and excuse me if this is the wrong term as I genuinely dont know) de-fuzz the edges of the brake discs with a grinder. A friend of mine was getting sqeaking from one of his discs - took the wheel off, went round the edge of the disc blasting the fuzz off, problem solved. No more noise.

Again - could be totally unrelated but.. never know :|

Can also help if you (and excuse me if this is the wrong term as I genuinely dont know) de-fuzz the edges of the brake discs with a grinder. A friend of mine was getting sqeaking from one of his discs - took the wheel off, went round the edge of the disc blasting the fuzz off, problem solved. No more noise.

Again - could be totally unrelated but.. never know :|

Jim - presume you mean the lip that forms at the edge of the disc?

Spose the easiest way, if you have the tools, is a lathe and machine the edge off.

Or as Jim says, de-fuzz it :lol: ........ Sorry mate :D