Sign in to follow this  
Tom B

I'm selling my G60 - whats it worth?

Right guys I need your opinion.

Below is the eBay listing for my G60, I haven't uploaded it yet.

I need to work out my reserves and all that, and I was wondering if anyone could give me a rough guesstimate.

Due to an imminent house move, I’m selling my VW Corrado G60.

The car was registered on 1/8/1991 at Lookers VW Ormesby, Cleveland under registration J360 RHN. The car now has cherished registration number C8 MSP on it, which will be included with the sale.

The service history to 42k (19/3/98) is fantastic. It was serviced 12 times between registration and the previous date. After that, it got less detailed, with 2 services in the book. This doesn't mean it wasn't done though. On 7/1/06, at 102573 I had the following done:

Oil & filter change

Air filter change

Fuel filter change

Brake fluid change

Coolant change

Front brake discs and pads

Rear brake discs, pads and wheel bearings

Front wishbones and top mounts

Cambelt and tensioner

Fan belt

PAS belt

Oil sump and plug

Spark plugs

The car has a later spec grey 16v interior in it. It has no rips, tears or fag burns in it. The drivers side bolster foam has gone soft.

The car is Tornado Red in colour. It is generally in good condition, but it has a few dents and scratches here and there. Some of the scratches may come out with a good polish. There is some lacquer peel on both rear quarter panels and there is some rust on the rear panel. The rear panel still has the factory sticker on it, so it hasn’t been in a rear end accident.

The car has 15” TSW Hockenheim alloys on it, shod with Toyo Proxes T1-S, one being brand new.

Inside, the car has a Pioneer CD player and uprated 6x4” Alpine speakers in the parcel shelf supports. The parcel shelf is uncut. All the electrics work, including the tilt and slide sunroof and the manual and automatic raising and lowering of the spoiler.

I have no history on the supercharger. I was told it was reconditioned but I have no receipts or documents to prove this has been done.

The offside front indicator is cracked. These can be picked up for around £20.

Pics: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36547 Car is now back on standard suspension.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if the pics are for our benefit, or you're putting them on egay, but thought I should point out that only members can see pics on the forum :)

As for value, it's hard to say without seeing the car, mileage can make a difference ( doesn't say what it is in the ad ) ..but unfortunatly having no history with the charger always means the car will sell for less (( it may be worth sending the charger to Darren http://www.g-werks.com and then selling with a fresh charger rebuild reciept ))

Good luck with the sale

Don't you worry, the pics are for your benefit, the ones for eBay are uploaded :)

The mileage is 102949 at the minute.

I need the car gone ASAP, hence the charger has stayed in its current state.

Only thing i'd say is get rid of the 16v bit..

"The car has a later spec grey 16v interior in it."

It reads like the interior may be worse. you can make it sound like

"the interior has been upgraded to the later spec grey cloth"

HTH,

Baz.

Or (since it's ebay after all ) ... " the interior has been upgraded to the later Limited edition Karmann spec grey cloth " :wink:

g60greeny, its scheduled to go on at 8:30pm :)

bristolbaron, thanks very much, I've updated the eBay listing to your requirements! :D

Walesy, I was thinking of using the words "ultra rare" just to see if I get good money for it! :D